no power to water pump?

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a abbey freestyle4 birth caravan and set it up at home to ensure everything is working... The pump does not pump water! I have checked the pump and it is working fine. I feel I am missing something, the pump switch is turned on but does not light up,aux turned on and switch set to van. It feels like I should be finding another switch some where. I have tried to over ride the micro switches, but no difference as no power!
Any help would be gratefully received, thanks Di

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do not have details of the caravan, but in general pump wiring is not over complex so i suggest you trace it back from the pump to find out where the wiring goes, and then fault find to find where the power is being stopped.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Harbetmill said:
Hi, I have just bought a abbey freestyle4 birth caravan and set it up at home to ensure everything is working... The pump does not pump water! I have checked the pump and it is working fine. I feel I am missing something, the pump switch is turned on but does not light up,aux turned on and switch set to van. It feels like I should be finding another switch some where. I have tried to over ride the micro switches, but no difference as no power!
Any help would be gratefully received, thanks Di
hi welcome to the forum.
check all the fuses in the box, on systems that use micro switches there will be a fuse for the pump.
if not in box sometimes there is a line fuse. if memory serves it will be 5amp or maybe 7.5amp.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you certain that the pump is controlled by microswitches and not a pressure switch?
How have you tried to override the microswitches?

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Sounds a little to me like the power from the pump switch is not reaching the micro switches on the taps , it may be a broken or disconnected wire if the fuse is in order . Steve .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts