No power

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Hi last night we tried turning the main control panel on in our 2008 sterling Elite searcher and it wouldn’t switch on! Last week it was having problems turning off and tonight absolutely nothing! My husband found a fuse box in the bottom of the wardrobe and everything seemed to be switched off and after trying to switch them back on one of the switches made the lights in the caravan flicker for a second but that’s it! Nothing! We found the small fuses in the fuse box under the front seating area but they seemed ok but none of them said main control panel. Anyone had this problem? We are due to move into it a few weeks while we renovate our house so need it working.
Thanks in advance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The symptoms suggest a poor connection or a faulty RCD or MCB, but as you should realise it's very difficult to diagnose such problems without being able to physically being there and following a fault finding procedure. And the fact you have had to ask does suggest you don't have the experience of dealing with electrical issues, so I respectfully suggest you need to get someone who knows how to deal with electrics to attend and deal with it, especially as you intend to live in it for some time.

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
My son is an electrician but didn’t get as far as to need him to look into it as we decided late last night to swap the hook up cable (it was brand new 2 weeks ago) for an old one from our garage and we left it (11:30pm at that point) this morning we went in pressed the button the controls panel and everything worked as it should so I’m assuming it was the cable! The caravan had been plugged in with the new cable since receiving it but never thought it would be to do with that as it was brand new

Reactions: ProfJohnL and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS