No stopping them

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Talking to a caravan neighbour this morning and he tells me that his caravan storage facility had two £30,000 caravans stolen, this storage facility was supposed to be theif proof with its high security and two ton blocks that the owner put across the gate every night, but they came across three fields filled two ditches in and cut their way through a massive hawthorn hedge, they also used cutters and oxyacetylene cut through the main fence,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Similar happened at my storage site some years ago. Your neighbours thieves must have had ace traction as today when I took our van back to store any attempt to put anything other than straight ahead or back on the mover resulted in tyre spin. The mover turned the tyres but the ground border up to the hard standing was sodden.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst it might not surprise me if they did have fire arms, but its more the fat its usually two or three of them, and I doubt even my eloquence would be enough to deter them :oops:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
They would not understand you Prof if you tried to reason they always go round mob handed I can remember on a couple of occasions in my lorry driving days when I was being relieved from my diesel,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes Prof, you would probably bore them with the fact that they didn't have the correct nose weight or they "were" abiding to the 85% "thing" dragging it over a field with a JCB.
BR Hutch.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
With me, its a matter of principal. I know the caravan is insured and can be replaced, but the fact that they have the audacity to try to take something that is mine, and have worked for to get brings me to the point of white rage, and I would definitely be intervening. Its just the way I am wired.

Its not as if they are starving and stealing a loaf of bread to survive, its just sheer greed to want that which they havent earned.

Prof, in these cases eloquence doesnt get it done. Pure Anglo-Saxon and a right hander has more of an impact, literally.

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
With me, its a matter of principal. I know the caravan is insured and can be replaced, but the fact that they have the audacity to try to take something that is mine, and have worked for to get brings me to the point of white rage, and I would definitely be intervening. Its just the way I am wired.

Its not as if they are starving and stealing a loaf of bread to survive, its just sheer greed to want that which they havent earned.

Prof, in these cases eloquence doesnt get it done. Pure Anglo-Saxon and a right hander has more of an impact, literally.
My bar room gladiator days are long gone, but I'm with you on this one Thingy.
I'd never surrender anything that belongs to me to scummies without a good old scrap.
I use a stick to walk with now and age is taking its toll, but my stick is quite substantial and I can wield it like a Ninja 😉

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
All these raids on caravan storage compounds and the raids on ATM's they are all done by the same gangs and we all kn ow who they are just low life scum that don't give a monkies if they go down,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A few pictures were shown last year about a twin axle Van that was dragged about a mile over a field with 4 alko wheel,locks on, all that was left were the cut off wheel locks, caravan gone.
Hopefully my van is of no longer interest to these folk.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My caravan in Storage with it breathable cover on it fairly reasonable £210
It got everything on but like you say if it on there list

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I assume at that price these were large twin axle models, which are the most stolen type, particularly continental models. The thieves would almost certainly have assessed the security, worked out how to overcome it and gone for the most valuable models, or possibly the least protected if they had a few similar ones to choose from.
I appreciate that no security is perfect but given a choice the thieves will always go for the easy option so any additional security you have as opposed to your neighbours might just swing the balance in your favour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts