Northern France site

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
I am once again certain that one of you out there can advise me.

I am looking for a site (prefeably coastal) in Normandy or Brittany that has statics for rental as well as touring pitches. We want to take our family and grandchildren with us this summer. Many thanks

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Do you want to hire privately from the site, or would a Eurocamp, Canvas Holidays, Keycamp, or other tour operator mobile home be OK? If the latter then have a look at their websites. All the sites used also have touring pitches.

The 'Les Castels' chain of sites all hire their own mobiles - again have a look at the website for information - again they all having touring pitches.

I have heard good reports about the site Le Cormoran, which has direct beach access, and is in Normandy - but haven't been so can't give any more details.

Camping Du Letty in Brittany also gets good reviews and has direct beach access - but again I've not been.

Friends of mine liked the site Port L'Epine which was directly on the beach.

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
You could try Vallee de La Selune at Pontaubalt, small family friendly site with very nice owner, not too far from beaches - he has some statics for rent - we went last year supposedly for overnight stop and stayed for full 15 night holiday - very relaxing and peaceful but with play area on site - privately owned and not part of a chain - i suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

May 19, 2008
Visit site
We store our touring caravan in Normandy and have stayed at La Route Blanche at Breville sur Mer about 4 times it is a very clean well run site with very nice owners who live on site.last year we intended to pick up our van stay at La Route Blanche for one night and then go south to the the Med coast for two or three weeks the weather was good in Normandy so we stayed at Route Blanche for four weeks .The hardest part was leaving ,it was a very peacefull holiday .They have static caravans of their own for rental. The site also accepts Camping Cheques with with some special offers at certain times.

The nearest main town is Granville

We have stayed in June,July and September and enjoyed every vist .( I am a very fussy person the showers and washing up areas were always very clean and tidy well the whole site was )

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I would recommend Le Cormoran in Normandy - just down the coast from Cherbourg at Utah Beach. There is a road between the site and the beach. As you will have children with you I think this is an ideal site. We have 2 young children - 10 and 6 - we go every Easter with our touring caravan since the children were born. There is plenty for children to do with bouncy castles, go carts, different play areas depending on age, swimming pools including one covered which is great in bad weather They do hire out their own mobile homes and if you check on their web site they also have chalets - www.lecormoran.com.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dirk

We've stayed at Camping de la Piscine near Beg Meil/Benodet, a five minute drive from a lovely beach (20 min walk). They have site owned statics, no tour operaters and it's family owned. It's about 2 hours south from Roscoff with plenty of pretty places to visit nearby.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts