Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
We hope to take our Motor Caravan to Norway this year but are inexperianced on going abroad. This will be our first trip abroad.

We would be grateful for any advise and help especially on a route, we expect to be in Norway for 2/3 weeks

I look forward to your replies

Many thanks in advance

Dennis & Joan

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There are lots of postings (about a dozen) on Norway on the UKCS website. Here's the web address: (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/search.asp?search=norway&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=7&searchSort=dateDESC&Submit=Start+Search)

but you can do a 'search' in the Forums section, under 'Norway' and 'Caravanning and Camping Abroad' as the category. I'm sure someone on there will have given the advice you're looking for. There's also a posting intended for 'First-timers' - look under Caravanning and Camping Abroad, and then 'Advice for Continental First-timers' - loads of very useful advice on there, everything from driving, route-finding, booking sites, tickets, etc., etc.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Funny, Norway was also our first trip abroad with a caravan, but that was many years ago. Information on campsites that I have is therefore probably completely out of date, but I can say that it's not worthwhile going too far north unless you really want to be able to come back to boast that you've been to the Arctic Circle or the North Cape. North of Trondheim the scenery gets very bleak and monotonous. Best to stay along the west coast between Bergen and Trondheim. It's really beautiful and spectacular there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A long time ago I was a winter warfare instructor in the services and used to go to Norway twice a year. In the winter to Voss, near Bergen, and in the Summer to Tromso. I concur with Kutz about going far north. In addition it is dusty and very large mosquitos.

A couple of years ago I worked in Trondheim on and off for 6 months. Good but expensive. Sorry I can't help you with caravanning - I prefer to follow the sun and go south.

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
There are lots of postings (about a dozen) on Norway on the UKCS website. Here's the web address: (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/search.asp?search=norway&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=7&searchSort=dateDESC&Submit=Start+Search)

but you can do a 'search' in the Forums section, under 'Norway' and 'Caravanning and Camping Abroad' as the category. I'm sure someone on there will have given the advice you're looking for. There's also a posting intended for 'First-timers' - look under Caravanning and Camping Abroad, and then 'Advice for Continental First-timers' - loads of very useful advice on there, everything from driving, route-finding, booking sites, tickets, etc., etc.
to VAL A & LUTZ

Thanks for feed back on Norway, we have started looking at the web sites you gave us, and will continue with the research.

Thanks for your help and I am sure we will have a great timein norway

dennis 7 joan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts