Novermbers Issue....tut tut

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After a quick glance through Novembers mag, I was surprised at some of the glaring errors in various features...(allow me)

1. Wheelclamp test..."The best approval is from Sold Secure, an independant test body..." says the feature. Seven clamps were tested, and what wins the editors choice? - something not approved by Sold Secure and gets busted off in less than 5 minutes.

2. "The knowledge" page.

"Can I fit a caravan mover + aircon to my van?" Generally the answer is yes with caution - watch the weight limits (good advice) but the last sentence beggars belief.

"In fact, the caravan mover might be best stored inside your towcar"..... Sure?

3. Top 10 Forest sites.

Number 8 - Savernake. Yep I agree its a lovely forest and the recommended site at Devizes (20 miles away) is lovely too - but Savernake has its own 170 pitch site IN the forest - Postern Hill Caravan site. www.forestholidays

Who does the homework for this mag. Do they own caravans or have access to a caravan site search engine?

Back to the mag. More to follow?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at the picture of the 'breakfast' table in the new van test. Amidst the usual staged fresh bresh bread and fruit - he's got a bottle of stella lined up, no wonder the caption says there looking forward to the day!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As I posted before there appears to be a major lack of security with circular locks. On motor cyclist news groups they have been demonstrating how easy it is to open security locks that use round keys (using a pen) I haven't seen any thing to say those locks in the test are not vulnerable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts