Nowt so queer as folk

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
In another Magazine they have a section for readers tips,try these for size,is it me or are they a little bizarre.

1/So that they can tell after cleaning the windows if smears are inside or out they clean outside,side to side and inside up and down!

2/They take a 21 pound!

metal iron with them to act as a doorstop(what door)

3/In case they set fire to the grass when having a BBQ they take with them a bucket of sand!

4/To lubricate awning rails etc they keep the fat from cooking the bacon in a cup for future use!

5/In case they spill tea on their remote control they wrap it in cling film!

Are these folk for real,or do you have tips to pass on.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Colin,I have never met Gary from Daventry so would not wish to comment as to whether he is strange or not but I doubt it.He is clearly of high intellect as firstly he is setting up a forum and secondly he lives in England.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is where you have let your self down BIG TIME as Gary lives in Daventry whereas I said strange men living NEAR Daventry - can't you read and understand the Queen's English.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Now the Col me old mate I have just reread his post and actually he doesnt say where he lives you are perhaps being presumtious assuming that he lives in and not near Daventry.Maybe you need to ask him.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now the Col me old mate I have just reread his post and actually he doesnt say where he lives you are perhaps being presumtious assuming that he lives in and not near Daventry.Maybe you need to ask him.
Pulling me up on my spelling hey what what "Now the Col me ...."

Also "being presumptious assuming ...."

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Well I must congratulate you on passing the test to spot the deliberate typos,however these spelllings are I believe correct in the Daventry area which of course is why I used them.mmmmm( I think I got away with that one)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Well I must congratulate you on passing the test to spot the deliberate typos,however these spelllings are I believe correct in the Daventry area which of course is why I used them.mmmmm( I think I got away with that one)
I wasn't going to get involved in the ongoing 'handbags at dawn' insult-trading spats between you two - you're obviously old and friendly adversaries.......I presume!!! lol. But really - 'these spellings are I believe correct in the Daventry area'........that's just taking things too far!!!

Yes, I live not far from Daventry....and no, you didn't get away with it! :0)

*Now awaiting the flak, wishing she hadn't taken the bait, but unable to resist, lol!*

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter shot yourself in both feet with both barrels - Soozeeg has got you beet and for this you will be black balled from joining the Daventry Caravan Association - GOOD. I enjoy a good black balling.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Plotter shot yourself in both feet with both barrels - Soozeeg has got you beet and for this you will be black balled from joining the Daventry Caravan Association - GOOD. I enjoy a good black balling.
LOL!!!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Colin,are you allowed to say 'black balled' these days or is it non PC?

Soozeeg,myself and Colin are co directors in the business called Smokaloo and subsidiaries (see General ,Overweight caravanners)

however I am not sure what you mean that those spellings are not correct in Daventry,which Daventry are you referring to as I suspect we are talking about different ones :eek:)

TRENDING THREADS