Old caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, drawn a blank on that one. It looks beautifully built; that roof design is wonderful, but I'd suggest a one-off home-build? There weren't that many makers in the fifties (which is when I think this one is from), so lots of handymen built their own vans, including my Uncle George, whose van, I believe, is still in the field behind the **** Neuk pub near Ponteland, Co Durham( I think)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It could have been built anywhere, Liz. It might be worth popping over to Carnon Downs with the picture, and see what info you can squeeze out of the wardens. I wonder if we've got a mop & bucket weilding warden somewhere in the vicinity who could drive over on her golf buggy? Does anyone know of such a kind-hearted person?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Beings you asked so nicely I will pop down to Carnon Downs and ask for you and Kevin if you like. P.S was their a mop and bucket left for you? You need not answer if don't want to, I can look myself. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Beings you asked so nicely I will pop down to Carnon Downs and ask for you and Kevin if you like. P.S was their a mop and bucket left for you? You need not answer if don't want to, I can look myself. Liz
P.S I have just printed a picture of the van to take with me, if you so wish. I might take the car, not the buggy it's needed on site here. I bet they never had a golf buggy at Carnon Downs, see I would have given you a lift if you had come here. Regards Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
P.S I have just printed a picture of the van to take with me, if you so wish. I might take the car, not the buggy it's needed on site here. I bet they never had a golf buggy at Carnon Downs, see I would have given you a lift if you had come here. Regards Liz
Thanks Liz. I'm off to bed now. It's been a long, hard ,traumatic day.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
No Problems we are friendly with the site, if we are full we pass guests onto them and visa versa. Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi emmerson, well went down this morning to C.Downs, could not see warden or anybody about, did not go searching though, he might have just popped off site, could not hang about I had to get back here, nevermind perhaps if I have chance I'll go again at weekend. Regards Liz

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to whoever reduced the size of the photo, please let me know how to!!

emmerson isnt she a lovely van, it was a couple of about 60is who had it at Carnon Downs. Wish I had spoken with them now but I thought they get loads of people asking about it.

If only they made them like that today, 50 odd years on and still looking good. Ill be suprised if my new one will last 15 let alone 50.

Might send a copy of pic to PC to see if they can come up with anything in the weard and wacky artical

Kevin H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts