older caravan in france

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I have a caravan of 1993 vintage and yet is still in excellent condition throughout(externally & internally). I am planning my first trip to France this year and was wondering whether there were any restricitions regarding age of the caravan on the continent?

Any other advice also appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If you haven't been before, you'll be surprised by the age of most French caravans. They obviously keep them much longer than we do - I bet the majority are several years older than yours. Most of them are tiny little things - and it's not unknown to see a family of five in the tiniest, oldest van you've ever seen. You wonder how they all fit in. The short answer is 'No' - there's no age restriction.

Have you read the other threads here, about first time in France - there's lots of advice there. Not a lot to add, except to hope that you'll have a great holiday. We do - every time we go to France (twice a year, at least!!!).

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Val for your reply....I have read most of the threads already and seem to be well prepared now for our first trip in August..Thank again

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just another thought - when are you planning to go? There are lots of schemes offering discounts on site fees in France - and outside peak season you REALLY REALLY REALLY DON'T HAVE TO BOOK IN ADVANCE so these schemes are very useful indeed. They include www.campingcheque.co.uk, www.touringcheque.co.uk, and www.campingcard.com. Camping Cheques cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts