Omega 432 kitchen tap

May 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a kitchen tap leak problem.
It's leaking under the tap, I suspect from the push fit fitting. How do I remove the push fittings?IMG_20230502_111624.jpg

I want to change the cartridge as well and have dismantled the tap, but cannor remove the cartridge and don't want to force it. Am I missing something?IMG_20230502_111554.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, removal of the pipes, if you push in the smaller"collar" towards the connector it will go in all the way and the pipe will pull out of the fitting. On fitment push the pipe as far in as it will go and then slowly pull it out and that little collar will come out maybe 1/8th of an inch and then lock the pipe.

I have never had to replace a cartridge so someone else will tell both of us how to do it.

May 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi there, removal of the pipes, if you push in the smaller"collar" towards the connector it will go in all the way and the pipe will pull out of the fitting. On fitment push the pipe as far in as it will go and then slowly pull it out and that little collar will come out maybe 1/8th of an inch and then lock the pipe.

I have never had to replace a cartridge so someone else will tell both of us how to do it.
Cheers Hutch, I've been trying that but did'nt want to force it. I'll have another go.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hutch is correct, but what can be a useful help if things are tight and if there is room, is to get pliers which fit around the curve of the pipe, to push the collar squarely. Note, you don't want to squeeze the pipe.

1BCE7307-B287-4AF8-96B9-C74811EA336F.jpeg

Normally the cartridge just lifts out. Try to give it a wiggle. Once out, look at the code on the side and google it for the best price.

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Are you sure its the bits you describe that are leaking - unfortunately the taps are quite prone to frost damage if the system isn't fully drained over winter. If you are replacing the push-fit joint and the cartridge these are relatively inexpensive - about £3 each and £10 for the cartridge .There is another recent thread regarding replacement taps on the forum avoiding using caravan specific fitments that are expensive.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A newish tap May respond to a new cartridge but imo older taps it doesn’t work,.. The tap surface becomes too worn to cope with a new cartridge. Go to Screwfix and find a suitable tap. if your tap,has contact switches then a replacement is not so simple.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I recently had to remove a tap in son's van and the john guest push fittings were inaccessible. I found that if you grasp the pipe firmly and push up towards the tap at the same time as pushing on the ring with something and then pull on the pipe it should then release if you see what I mean.
After a couple of goes you get the knack and it all becomes a lot easier

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts