Onboard WiFi

Jun 16, 2005
Visit site
At the recent show at theNEC, I came across system which allows one to pick hotspots any where in UK or the continent. It either connects with local hotspots or the nearest mobile mast.
A one off cost for the hardware and a SIM card once a year on average.
Before going ahead I am asking if any you good people have had any experience of such a system.
Thanks for any reply.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for posting. I don't have any experience of this, although I'm sure many others on our forum do. In the meantime, we have an advice video about mobile Wi-Fi (please click here). I hope that helps!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Craig, and welcome. I'm not familiar with the system you describe, but it sounds a good idea. Was it from Adam at motorhomewifi?
We use one of their "Mifi" units, a Huawei, which is probably similar to the EE one Dave has in the video. It can turn a 3G or 4G signal into a fast WiFi hotspot. Ours has a "3" pay SIM, which (because of their "feel at home" deal), can use the signal from pretty much any European network at no extra cost.
We also carry motorhomewifi's external aerial, which helps if the signal is weak.
Been very happy with it - except I've found it hard to top up while abroad, have to make sure I put plenty of cash credit on the account before we leave.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Craig. We've posed this question to our Facebook community – please click here to see what they use. And, if it's of interest, we also posted it on our sister brand, Practical Caravan's Facebook page (please see here). I hope that helps!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This is brave of you Lizzie - on some MH forums you'd be burned as a heretic for mentioning the C word! What a tolerant and friendly bunch we are on here - oh, wait, you're the Admin!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
TonyJones said:
This is brave of you Lizzie - on some MH forums you'd be burned as a heretic for mentioning the C word! What a tolerant and friendly bunch we are on here - oh, wait, you're the Admin!

:lol: I like to think of us as a friendly bunch and the discussions about this on both the Practical Motorhome and the Practical Caravan Facebook pages generated some useful content which could be of use to you, whether you tow or go motorcaravanning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts