one night stop at Sempach, Switzerland for john D

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
hi just a question for John Douglas or any other well travelled caravanner.Can you suggest a good site for a night stopover near Sempach, Switzerland on the way to Italy. Many Thanks

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Just come back from a trip to Italy and stopped at Sempach both ways. There is an excellent site beside the lake called Seeland which has top quality toilets, a good self-service restaurant and they accept credit cards and Euros if you don't have Swiss francs. So impressed that our one-nighter on the way down turned into a 3 night stay. It is a Camping Cheques site in low season and is well signposted from the motorway exit. See www.reisen-tcs.ch/travel/de/home/camping/platzsuche/sempach.html

John M

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Just come back from a trip to Italy and stopped at Sempach both ways. There is an excellent site beside the lake called Seeland which has top quality toilets, a good self-service restaurant and they accept credit cards and Euros if you don't have Swiss francs. So impressed that our one-nighter on the way down turned into a 3 night stay. It is a Camping Cheques site in low season and is well signposted from the motorway exit. See www.reisen-tcs.ch/travel/de/home/camping/platzsuche/sempach.html

John M
many thanks john really appreciate that information. take care and happy caravanning

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Agree with everything previously said. It's a great site and easy to find from the motorway. Just one thing - you'll find your electric connector won't fit the power outlet but they will lend you one against a deposit.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks John i feel as if i have my very own travel agent. could i therefore ask one more question about Thionville. The good wife has been looking at sites and cant find one she likes so has asked me to ask you where you stay. I appreciate all your help.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Agree with everything previously said. It's a great site and easy to find from the motorway. Just one thing - you'll find your electric connector won't fit the power outlet but they will lend you one against a deposit.
That's true if you pitch on the main site, but if you stay in the area over the road from reception which they tend to use for one-nighters, then the mains supplies there have the normal blue connection.

John M

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I've replied in your other post. The site at Thionville makes a useful overnight stop but the site itself is nothing great. It's not too far from the motorway and is situated alongside the river, which can hardly be described as picturesque since tugboats hauling strings of barges are frequently passing by.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts