Opinion please

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Whilst at a popular site near Bamburgh over easter we had to endure a major water problem.

If it wasn't the pressure it was a heat problem. Most of the weekend they were handing out bottles of still spring water to fill aquarolls (even my toilet flush..posh or what!!) because there was just a dribble from all four fill-up points and sometimes none at all.

On the friday evening we had no electric for three hours so missing out on the home comforts t.v. kettle etc.

For compensation the site is offering a free night on return, I pushed for a weekend but was told it was not possible.

I have been several times to this site over the years and have endured loss of electric and on one occasion was nearly refused admission because there was no water.

We go back because otherwise it is a good site with lots to offer, do you think the offer is a fair one??

P.S Dont't get me started on the idiots playing with a stunt kite in a strong wing that kept crashing to the ground near the caravans.

Regards John

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you know the site is prone to problems and are still happy use it one free night seems pretty fair to me.

I would have wanted a nights refund and would not be going back!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to say, they seem to have behaved fairly: as far as I can tell from your post, the only real loss you suffered was three hours without electricity. The water was supplied by alternative means, and at, I would guess, considerable expense to the site. So a free night seems fair enough.

Long term, though, I would have thought this site needs to give serious attention to sorting out what seems to be a continuing problem. Clearly customers are not going to keep on coming back if this sort of situation is the norm, rather than an unfortunate exception.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi sconny ,

can i play devils advocate here ,the loss of your tv ,no kettle,spring water for your toilet flush,good god,if you want tv stay at home ,if you want hot water try your BBQ if you aint got a BBQ, buy a ready to light throw away in a tray BBQ for

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thinking about the original post.

Surely you have a gas hob and a kettle for that or a saucepan and lid and that will boil water.

An electric kettle is a waste of time I find as it's to slow in caravan.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
sounds a reasonable deal to me and I think I know the site your on about the water pressure was poor during our stay but we only stayed one night on our way up to dornoch

if I do a stop over on the way now I go to the one in seahouses near the garage no water pressure problems there

but i allways take and buy bottled water for drinking anyway

by the way has your van got 12v electrics because there is loads of kit that runs off the battery or gas I can manage with these if there is no hook up available on site

colin

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
hi sconny ,

can i play devils advocate here ,the loss of your tv ,no kettle,spring water for your toilet flush,good god,if you want tv stay at home ,if you want hot water try your BBQ if you aint got a BBQ, buy a ready to light throw away in a tray BBQ for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts