over night sites

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
we are going to Spain in January 2009, We will cross to France from Dover to Calais, We will be entering Spain from Perpignan, We want to make 3 or 4 overnight stops on route in France, Does anybody know of any Campsites that are open on route from Calais to Perpignan all year or early January.

Grenville.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The following sites are open, I have booked in for them in Feb 2009. Hortus Le Jardin de Sully at Sully sur Loire which takes Camping cheques and is ACSI; Le Clos Auroy at Orcet again Camping cheques and ACSI; Club Europe at Le Bacares (Port Bacares) ACSI. You will possibly need a site bewteen Calais and Sully sur Loire. The sites I have chosen are from Caen. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too will be traveling South mid Jan my first stop from Calais will be the Aire Baie de Somme just North of Abbeville, I know some people decry Aires this is the only one I use, and have used several times, and found they have a security patrol. I don't use toll roads, so divert on to the A16 just to use the Aire.

An other useful stop over is with Gary and Sandra at Twin Lakes, Soumeras, Montendre NE of Bordeaux (off A10)

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
For the last two years we have stopped at

www.camping-le-futuriste at Poiters and then

www.larrouleta.com at St Jean de Luz on the Spanish border. Apart from Twin lakes there is www.campinglamotte.com whish is to the left when leaving the N10 at the same exit.

Using the central route there is also www.cotedor-tourisme.com near Beaune and www.campingpanoramic.com at Payrac.

There are a few more on my website under winter holidays on

www.gandm.eu Hope that this helps and who knows we may even meet en-route to Almeria.

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
The following sites are open, I have booked in for them in Feb 2009. Hortus Le Jardin de Sully at Sully sur Loire which takes Camping cheques and is ACSI; Le Clos Auroy at Orcet again Camping cheques and ACSI; Club Europe at Le Bacares (Port Bacares) ACSI. You will possibly need a site bewteen Calais and Sully sur Loire. The sites I have chosen are from Caen. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much everybody i have found the info very helpfull.

One last thing, i have read somewhere that airs are only for MOTOR HOMES, Caravans are not allowed, is this correct?

Thanks all,

Grenville

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts