Overnight at Dover dock. What facilities are there, if any?

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

We will be staying overnight at the dock prior to departure. How do you go about wash & brush up in the morning. Is it boiling a pan of water on the gas, or are there any other options available?

Cheers

Moley

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not sure whether you can check in and "go airside" too far in advance of your booked sailing. We usually park up in Marine Parade fot the night, and check in as normal in the morning. Once you're queued up in the lanes then there are toilet and wash blocks available. Some are the older buildings under the loading ramps, but there are also facilities to the right, near Burger King.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Best thing is probably to cross at whatever time you arrive - usually they'll let you do this with no additional costs to pay - and then stay on the Calais side, where you'll see all the motorhomes and caravans parked up to your left as you exit. Take the first roundabout and turn almost back on yourself into the parking area. There are showers and loos there for ablutions in the morning.

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Thank you both for your comments. We will not arrive at Dover until late evening, so intended staying on Marine Parade. Providing there is something available once we have booked in the next morning,that should suffice.

Many thanks

Dave

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Have you booked your ferry - or do you intend to just book when you arrive? It can be quite a bit cheaper to book in advance, especially on the late night or early morning sailings.

We've stayed in Dover (found a parking area somewhere where we could stay with the car and caravan, but it's so long ago I can't remember where) but more recently have just turned up and taken whatever ferry we were offered - making an early start in France after sleeping at the port, or a service area, the next morning!

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Each to his own but when we go from Dover we always stay on a cl site just outside Dover literally 8 mins from the dock.We arrive in the evening leave early and pop the site fee in an envelope & put it in the postbox on site.

Enjoy your hols.

Pat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pat

I agree. We always stay at Black horse Farm who have excellenmt facilities for early ferry departures/late ferry arrivals. It does seem extrememly penny pinching to me to park up on marine drive or a corner of the docks. And I am not even sure that is permitted in Dover

DavidC

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Thanks for your comments. Normally we would stay on a club site or a CL, but the reason for penny pinching, as you term it, is because I was made redundant 4 months ago.

I would however be interested to hear from Pat as to which CL near Dover you stay at.

Cheers

Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We recently crossed from Dover to Dunkerque. I'm writing this at camping roma flash near Rome! We stayed at little Satmare campsite near Dover. Lovely helpful people. Lots of people stayed hooked-up ready for departure early in the morning. We left for the 4.00am Norfolk Line boat. Gate is left open all night. Cost about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts