Overnight stay in or near calias

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi has anyone got any ideas on overnight stay in or near calais arriving 1 am in the morning from the ferry.. Need in the morning to head towards belgium. So need someone safe to stay with caravan and get some sleep before we set off, in mid july.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sue

Its unlikely that many campsites will allow you to arrive at that time especially as you want to be off first thing. Might you be better off staying in the Calais Port car park for a few hours rather than trying to find somewhere else.

David

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For the last 5 years, I have done exactly what David has suggested. Just leave the port and go round the first roundabout and back into the port following the Sans Billet signs. There are looes & showers available in the morning. Just remember to take some drinking water in the van for your morning cuppa. I Am going via Dunkerque this year so I will be looking to do the same there.

Steve W

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
For the last 5 years, I have done exactly what David has suggested. Just leave the port and go round the first roundabout and back into the port following the Sans Billet signs. There are looes & showers available in the morning. Just remember to take some drinking water in the van for your morning cuppa. I Am going via Dunkerque this year so I will be looking to do the same there.

Steve W
Thankyou. Do they not query you doing that, and how noisy is it.Will there def be space in mid july arriving so late?

G

I have not done it, but I believe they do not bother as long as you are not 'camping'. Just be gone by breakfast. By the way, maybe best to check you have no 'stowaways' before you leave as someone may think you are heading back to the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts