parents and bad caravaners

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
Just recently spent a week at clumber park cc site and i didnt enjoy it one bit, dont get me wrong the site was great it was just other caravaners that were to blame, we were constantly kept awake till after 1 am by people sitting in there awnings drinking and letting there kids run about outside past our van , and then the people next to us has 3 dogs that yapped at 6 am every morning, im not the type of person to say people carnt enjoy themselves but when it disturbs others then i think its time for me to save myself the grief of it all and stop caravanning once and for all.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Every school holiday period brings up the usual complaints,in no particular order, Kids, Dogs, Noise.

If you thought it bad on a CC site, try a Haven or Park Resorts.....................

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Just come back from our half term holiday on a beautifully quiet CL in North Devon, that is except for the three noisy children and the two dogs also yapping from about 6am!!!!! Oh ....................... they were all ours! Great half term and everyone enjoyed it!!!!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We've just come back from a C&CC rally which opened on Wednesday and carried on until this afternoon with a bonfire and fireworks on Saturday night.
There were loads of kiddie winks, they were all trick or treating on Saturday night and were mostly polite and well mannered and dressed in some marvellous Halloween costumes.
My mate was pitched opposite us and I was standing outside his caravan talking to him earlier today when a couple of children were walking a large brown dog on a lead. The dog went straight to the rear corner of our pitch and did a fairly substantial dump with the children holding on to it's lead watching it happen!!
smiley-yell.gif

They hadn't got any means of clearing up after the animal and they wandered off without realising that the person whose pitch it was had been standing opposite and had seen it happen.
I followed the children and dog back to their caravan and told their father what had happened and although he sorted out some plastic bags and came back to clean up the mess I wasn't best pleased that he seemed to think that it was ok to allow his offspring to let their pet drag them to another persons pitch to relieve itself.
I couldn't help wondering what would have happened if I hadn't been watching and what would forum members have said
smiley-surprised.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The best bit was on Friday evening.
We were sitting in my mates caravan opposite ours having a drink and he noticed some children wandering around jumping the gun by doing some early trick or treating.
He quickly pulled down all of his blinds and shusshed us all to be quiet.
The little kids knocked on his caravan door and we were sitting inside as quiet as mice because he hadn't got anything to give to them.
It was like you see in the old war films when the guys are on board a submarine when it's under attack by surface vessels and the submariners are doing their silent and deep routine and sweating it out.
They don't call my mate 'Mean Mr Mustard' for nothing!
smiley-embarassed.gif

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Parksy said:
The best bit was on Friday evening.
We were sitting in my mates caravan opposite ours having a drink and he noticed some children wandering around jumping the gun by doing some early trick or treating.
He quickly pulled down all of his blinds and shusshed us all to be quiet.
The little kids knocked on his caravan door and we were sitting inside as quiet as mice because he hadn't got anything to give to them.
It was like you see in the old war films when the guys are on board a submarine when it's under attack by surface vessels and the submariners are doing their silent and deep routine and sweating it out.
They don't call my mate 'Mean Mr Mustard' for nothing!
smiley-embarassed.gif
I'm sure the tight wad had a quid in his pocket that he could have given them

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
smiley-tongue-out.gif
Parksy said:
We've just come back from a C&CC rally which opened on Wednesday and carried on until this afternoon with a bonfire and fireworks on Saturday night.
There were loads of kiddie winks, they were all trick or treating on Saturday night and were mostly polite and well mannered and dressed in some marvellous Halloween costumes.
My mate was pitched opposite us and I was standing outside his caravan talking to him earlier today when a couple of children were walking a large brown dog on a lead. The dog went straight to the rear corner of our pitch and did a fairly substantial dump with the children holding on to it's lead watching it happen!!
smiley-yell.gif

They hadn't got any means of clearing up after the animal and they wandered off without realising that the person whose pitch it was had been standing opposite and had seen it happen.
I followed the children and dog back to their caravan and told their father what had happened and although he sorted out some plastic bags and came back to clean up the mess I wasn't best pleased that he seemed to think that it was ok to allow his offspring to let their pet drag them to another persons pitch to relieve itself.
I couldn't help wondering what would have happened if I hadn't been watching and what would forum members have said
smiley-surprised.gif
I think you were very restrained Parksy. i would have been tempted to shovel it up and put it in his aquaroll
smiley-yell.gif
smiley-yell.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wish that I'd have thought of that at the time Tony.
The father didn't seem to register that anything bad or abnormal had happened and just shrugged the incident off.

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
TonyG said:
I thought that you were only allowed 2 dogs per pitch

Depends - the private sites I've used didn't have a set limit on numbers but did stipulate no barking or disturbance. One we stayed at in Devon looked like a Pedigree Chum advert every morning.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The last site we stayed on the people in a motorhome had 6 spaniels and the woman took them all because her hubby could hardly walk. Two were often off leads but what was worse was it's guaranteed she never picked up their mess because she didn't have a spare hand
smiley-yell.gif

When returning they went straight into the motorhome, even when wet. Considering it was a large newish motorhome it must have smelled like a kennels
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I`m glad i`am not the only one to have a moan stayed at a haven site last week for the first and last time in a tourer.firstly we have a dog and two kids secondl`y i know how to look after them.There were two dogs keep`t outside till the owners got back at 11.39 pm two vans down and it was constant barking for about 3 hrs it was hell when they finally got back and took the pets inside there was claps and cheers from various vans.
Then there was the shower`s i tried to get Bailey in but he took one look jumped up into my arms and said can you wash me in the waste toilet area please dad as it was more hygenic.he`s the dog
So on leaving my wife complained and was told to have a safe journey home
so its cc for us at least you no what you getting

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
kopite said:
Then there was the shower`s i tried to get Bailey in but he took one look jumped up into my arms and said can you wash me in the waste toilet area please dad as it was more hygenic.he`s the dog

.... and here we were thinking that we were the only saddo's to name their dog after the caravan
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
kopite said:

.... and here we were thinking that we were the only saddo's to name their dog after the caravan
smiley-surprised.gif
Or the Drink!!!!
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
TonyG said:
Lord Braykewynde said:
kopite said:

smiley-surprised.gif
Or the Drink!!!!
smiley-cool.gif

Ewwwwwwwwww noooooo, can't stand the stuff. I don't drink any spirits and only wine if there's nowt else or just to be sociable bit if you offer me a Stella or any other similar strength lager with a tang I wouldn't refuse
smiley-smile.gif
Even a pint of Stowford Press goes down a treat.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:

so its cc for us at least you no what you getting
Does the CC allow you to use the showers for your dog???
Do the honourable thing and publish on here the sites you are to visit, we can then stay clear of them.
Sorry Kopite just realised it 's a joke Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Well really! i should have known better that lord b and gagakev would have no sympathy for my awfull experiance.
Dear gagakev could you please forward next seasons bookings to me as i will keep well clear of you on the road as its bad enough getting stuck behind fellow vanners but you in a combine thats taking the p.Hi de hi

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
Well really! i should have known better that lord b and gagakev would have no sympathy for my awfull experiance.
Dear gagakev could you please forward next seasons bookings to me as i will keep well clear of you on the road as its bad enough getting stuck behind fellow vanners but you in a combine thats taking the p.Hi de hi

Ah Kopite, guess you wont be going to next years PC rally at Stowford then, I'll be there again chugging there with me Combine.
By the way it's turbo charged and goes twice the normal speed now at 8 MPH
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts