Parking overnight Hastings, Sussex?

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Merry Christmas All,

Can anyone advise me where can park MH overnight in Hastings?

Will be travelling next week. Business trip, but may stay to see New Year in.

Sea Road & Seaside Road have been mentioned elsewhere, but understand 'No Overnight Parking' signs have appeared?

Thanks

Festive Regards

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
East Sussex County Council control on street parking in Hastings district. On 19 November 2013 they told me: "We run parking schemes in Lewes district, Eastbourne borough and Hastings borough and in these areas on street parking of motor homes is not permitted." (i.e. all motorhome parking, not just overnight camping, which I presume is what you are looking for).
Overnight camping in Hastings car parks has never been permitted.

Graham

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Some areas of Bexhill require permits for on street parking (regardless of vehicle). Otherwise, in the absence of any local restrictions, national legislation will apply. Camping is not allowed in any Bexhill off street car parks, and many have height barriers.

Graham

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info Graham. Knew you'd have an answer.
Hastings sounds to be in need of a new Norman conquest from over the channel!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
TonyJones said:
Hastings sounds to be in need of a new Norman conquest from over the channel!
Or maybe local people are just tired of too many people clogging up the place by camping inconsiderately Tony :) Restrictions have been brought in at a number of locations in recent years for that reason. Some are due to the activities of "travellers" but, as we all know, it isn't every motorhome user who is considerate of the needs of others :)

Graham

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
True enough Graham.
Reminder to all those of us who prefer to stay off-site that other people matter too! There's no excuse for inconsiderate parking/overnighting that affects others.

From your experience of contact with councils etc, though, IS it mainly lines of long-staying motorhomes along the seafront blocking everyone's view that provokes these restrictions, or protests from caravan site owners? Or some of each?

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Where protests are the reason (rather than just general clogging up the system) it tends to be residents and visitors. It isn't just views being blocked though. Sometimes too much camping by motorhome owners restricts the parking available for general day visitors, which is what it is really meant for.

Protests from caravan site owners do happen but the often tend to be an urban myth - perhaps put about by those motorhomers who caused the problem in the first place :)

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts