Sep 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello all, looking for some advice:

My 12/2 1978 caravan is currently parked on my driveway which is level. We will not be travelling for at least a year.
The left side tyre was damaged when moving the van to this position and is now completely flat/warped, leaving the van on a tilt. I am looking for a solution to level the van as it is still in use as a home office. For extra context it's total laiden weight is under 900kg. I have had suggestions such as wheel levels and static caravan axel stands as the tyre is difficult to replace. Would an axel stand be adequate for the time being? Any advice for how to level the van until I can replace the wheel would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I use a couple of wooden blocks under each axle end plate - be wary of axle stands as they can sink into tarmac surfaces in long-term use (got the T-shirt!)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use a couple of wooden blocks under each axle end plate - be wary of axle stands as they can sink into tarmac surfaces in long-term use (got the T-shirt!)
They won’t if you put some thick wood or HDPE ( plastic) chopping boards underneath.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
It depends on whether you want to give the suspension a rest, or perhaps not concerned about that. Good old concrete blocks under the reinforced chassis section, just inboard of the wheel. Just jack it up and lower onto the blocks.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As it sounds like a long term office I’d use breeze blocks under the chassis. Not bricks or thermal blocks. This will give the suspension a rest .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts