PC competion - win a Bailey Pegasus.

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Great I thought, chance to win a new van.

I might have miised something in the small print on page 23 of the March issue but, on reading the how to enter on page 22, it would appear we're not eligible to enter
smiley-cry.gif

Third paragraph states" to enter, simply send us an image of the best caravan holiday of your life and tell us what made it great".

Er, I don't own a caravan but I want to enter to win one
smiley-undecided.gif
. Soon to be placing an order for a Bailey U2 Barcelona but if I can win a Bailey then that's a bonus. Catch 22 eh?

PC - not a nice way to get newbies into caravaning is it? Did you bother to think this one through?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Pebble said:
Great I thought, chance to win a new van.

I might have miised something in the small print on page 23 of the March issue but, on reading the how to enter on page 22, it would appear we're not eligible to enter
smiley-cry.gif

Third paragraph states" to enter, simply send us an image of the best caravan holiday of your life and tell us what made it great".

Er, I don't own a caravan but I want to enter to win one
smiley-undecided.gif
. Soon to be placing an order for a Bailey U2 Barcelona but if I can win a Bailey then that's a bonus. Catch 22 eh?

PC - not a nice way to get newbies into caravaning is it? Did you bother to think this one through?

Seems a bit of a swiz and as you say, not thought through properly as it excludes a large segment of the population inluding those that already own caravans. We are too busy enjoying ourselves to bother with taking photos!
smiley-laughing.gif

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have just bought a caravan there does not seem a lot of point in entering but for those of us with older ones it would be great. What I like about PC competitions is that you can choose your new caravan from three so you can get what suits you best as most similar competitions are just a single model which may or may not suit you although I would have added the Genoa to the options for those who want a more compact model. My name will go down for the Verona as the others are a bit heavy for my towcar but nice to see the choice again.
It would be intersting to know what both winners of the Eldiss caravans chose and why.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear all

Glad you have noticed the competition to win a caravan!

To be honest, we chose photos of caravan holidays to minimise the chances of a photography enthusiast with no interest in caravanning from winning a prize that they would not appreciate. Most amatuer snappers are not going to be taking pretty landscapes with a 'van in the background so the pics 'should' be genuine holiday snaps.

However, I can see that to a non-caravanner hoping to start their caravanning career with a shiny new van, it could present a problem. But who knows! Maybe a wonderful holiday snap that indicates the only thing missing is...a caravan...might be well regarded by the judges, just for the sheer cheek if nothing else
smiley-smile.gif

As for the choice of vans, the three Elddis vans were all Xplores, and only two have been handed over so far - the third has yet to be pulled as we have to log all the entries, remove duplicate entries and so on. From memory, the other two chosen were both 504 fixed bed models. They are quite a lot lighter than the Pegasus models.

Ultimately, if it comes to it and the weight of the Pegasus is a problem, I'm sure a deal could be struck to sort out a lighter model. We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it!

Good luck with your pictures!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts