PC Rally 2013

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen anything advertised yet Brum, but I should imagine that it's possible to book with Stowford on the telephone - 01271 882476

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Too far for us for a few days. We were hoping that they woudl have the rally somewhere more central to every one. I guess you can't win them all!
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Brum,
the details are in the latest PC magazine, you need to call Stowford direct and quote 'PC rally 2013' (I think), and they'll book you in.
We've opted for field 5, because it has the newest loos etc!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately due to family commitments I have only had time to have a quick flick through the latest issue of Practical Caravan magazine up to now, I'm hoping to have time for a good read over the coming weekend.
I gave the correct number for rally bookings anyway though
smiley-wink.gif

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
Too far for us for a few days. We were hoping that they woudl have the rally somewhere more central to every one. I guess you can't win them all!
smiley-laughing.gif
Could not agree more, I'm not suggesting that it be very close to the midlands. How about between Manchester and Hull for example?
Then more readers would be able to meet up.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........I will be going for the fourth year in a row but then it is only just down the road from me
smiley-wink.gif

221 miles there and 221 miles back
smiley-sealed.gif

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.........I will be going for the fourth year in a row but then it is only just down the road from me
smiley-wink.gif

221 miles there and 221 miles back
smiley-sealed.gif
But if it were to be more central you would need to travel a much reduced distance and many readers from further north would have a much more affordable option.
Not suggesting any faults with stowford other that its location.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........my flippant comment was meant to point out that some of us enjoy the travel aspect of owning a touring caravan.
There would always be winners and losers if the event was moved to a different location and it is always hard to justify travelling a long way if you have to fit the event into a work schedule.

I think the problem the Practical Caravan team has is finding a site large enough to provide what Stowford Farm Meadows does and at the price they charge.

I have just booked 5 nights for £10.40/night for 2013......hopefully I will get some free food and beverages, have 3 days of free activities provided and get EHU included in that price.

I know of no such central site that could do that for the numbers required.......

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Brum said:
Surfer said:
smiley-laughing.gif
Could not agree more, I'm not suggesting that it be very close to the midlands. How about between Manchester and Hull for example?
Then more readers would be able to meet up.

Sounds good to me! How about it PC?

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Gaffer Bill you are almost spot on with your comments. It is very difficult to find a site as large as Stowford to accomodate us for a rally and at such a great rate that we can pass onto readers.

A few years ago we did attempt to hold it at Billing Aquadrome in Northampton and had very few bookings so we had to cancel the event entirely.

Stowford is based in a beautiful part of the country and is well worth the journey.

Look forward to seeing you many of you there.

Stacie

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i am not supprised Billing Aqudrome had a poor turnout , they have had so many bad reviews , you are not allowed leave a review now , allthough i have had friends who have been there and they thoroughly enjoyed it

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
why do all caravans have to be on grass , surely if you all pay the same per pitch , one would expect in a free democratic society that all would have the same choice except if you have a disability , my 2 friends that i shall meet there both have camper vans one is fairly large and has 6 wheels but the other is no bigger than a VW van , and both use them as caravans , and never drive off the pitch until the leaving day , yet both will have hardstandings , or perhaps i should say i have a camper van

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, just a little tip for you stay away from pitch 392 in the yellow feild
Stayed on the same pitch twice and last year with the rain the nearside wheel just sank
and because there is a large kerb at the front of the pitch the water does'nt drain,
the whole pitch was inches deep in water.
smiley-frown.gif

We wont be there this year but have a good time.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
my 4th year this year , on pitch 354 , wish there was a ferry across from south Wales , we are going in a half circle , 177 miles to get there

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
joeby.......and no doubt you will also get fined (bridge toll) for going home to Wales
smiley-wink.gif

I was cheeky with my booking this year and asked for pitch 400 to be away from trees.
The lady at Stowford said she was not allowed to allocate a specific pitch... which was what I expected her to say.
When the booking came through I had been given pitch 399 (next door to 400)......thank you Stowford.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Gaffer bill , i also got stung for the Tolls at Christmas , after visiting my daughter in Burgess Hill , its £6.20 now , as for pitches at Stowford i think if you are all paying the same amount , it should be like the CC where you drive around and choose which one you want , unless there are special circumstances ,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
joeby said:
my 4th year this year , on pitch 354 , wish there was a ferry across from south Wales , we are going in a half circle , 177 miles to get there
Oh dear Joeby-------------someone pinched pitch 300
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts