Perhaps more delays?

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Fromwhat I've read they supply Coachman-prospective new customers are being warned there may be delays and the order books closed on some models. Just what the caravan industry doesn't need at the mo! Very sad but no one hurt (Ihope/think).

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It could be a problem for Coachman if they are the customer. Not sure if other firms have the capacity to take up any slack, but if they have the right insurance and a good contingency plan you might be surprised at how quickly insurers can get some firms back in business.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It will take months to refurbish the mould injection plant . I suspect their items range from showers to basins, toilets and sinks. As if there wasn’t enough problems with supplying electronic parts. No wonder used cars and caravans are exchanging hands for more than a new model.

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If they have got a professional recovery plan they may have the ability to start up again a lot faster than that. The plan should foresee the problems listed and have provision for restarting quickly often in temporary premises. These are common and are promoted by insurers to many firms.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If they have got a professional recovery plan they may have the ability to start up again a lot faster than that. The plan should foresee the problems listed and have provision for restarting quickly often in temporary premises. These are common and are promoted by insurers to many firms.
My grandson worked for GEDowty and they had a massive fire, but it was surprising how quickly they managed to get office, stores and manufacturing back up again via their recovery plan, whilst their facilities were being rebuilt.

https://www.dowtyheritage.org.uk/co...lion loss for the parent company, GE Aviation.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I had a major fire in Germany some years ago. They made plastic dashboards and the like for a well known car firm. The problem we had was replacing the fire damaged injection moulds. Yes we found another premises. The plant and equipment wasn’t so easy then.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wonder If this explains why this salesman is so keen to make my van a bit special (and much more £££ on resale?) with a new mattress?

I’m having a bit of a problem with my P/X Van. It’s in its 10th year. Salesman says I must have a new mattress as there is a stain. i could not see it in some lighting conditions. The stain might be a wear mark, not sure. The salesman described the stain as “an obvious stain”. I agreed to a £600 is price reduction. Foolishly I thought an obvious stain would be clearly visible in all lighting conditions, and would put off buyers, and I signed the contract. When I came to take out items from the caravan I didn’t see the stain, got the salesman out, he started closing blinds, getting his camera out. He couldn’t find it saying, “I will be back when all bedclothes removed.” The order form says ”no refunds of deposit”. Can I be contractually bound?

Very keen to make a sale and get another van to resell?
Don’t understand why your post is in this thread, wouldn’t it be better as a starter in a new thread posted by you?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Coachman have got round the problem by adapting the Arcadia shower trays, so there should be no problem as long as people accept the redesign.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts