Phantom problems

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hello

Is anyone who has Phantom tracker fitted experiencing any problems with it?

I have set ours off 3 times in the last 4 months and no phone call,they say they are not picking a signal up.

Seems im paying for something they cant track and im very frustrated with it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mikey,

I am not familiar with the service or equipment offered by Phantom, but having looked at their web site it seems they offer two types of system.

The basic does not continually monitor your tracker, but they can interrogate on demand to find out where it is.

The second service is the Target ProActive, where they do monitor the tracker and will respond when an activation signal occurs.

It does not say how the signal changes when an activation occurs, but it might not recognise loss of signal as an activation.

You must also consider that the tracker may be in a signal dead spot, or the notification messages that Phantom send out may not be received by your by your mobile phone again because of signal problems.

You should discuss with Phantom or your supplier about the service you have contracted to, and preferably be negotiation try to resolve the issues.

If that fails, and you are still convinced that your supplier is in breech of contract, then contact trading standards or a solicitor who will advise professionally.

Jan 4, 2007
Visit site
Mikey,

We have the RAC trackstar in the caravan.

I forgot to turn the tracker off last summer and yes I did not get a phone call either.

I phoned Trackstar and they knew where it was when they entered the details ( exactly where it was).

Trackstar was not notified that we had moved the van because the movement sensor in the tracker did not work properly.

The company who fitted the tracker came out to us and refitted a part of the system.

It now works perfectly. We check it periodically by phoning Trackstar before we set off, and them checking that they are being alerted.

It is a big piece of mind, but if it does not work, then yes it is a waste of time.

Our tracker uses an O2 mobile SIM card, I appreciate that yours is a PHANTOM, but they wil all be very similiar in the way they work. It may just be down to the mobile phone system part of the tracker.

When they fitted the tracker, they would have ( well presumably), checked that the caravan had a connection with the phantom offices.

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mickey, why don't you e-mail 'Mark@Phantom.uk.net'This is the e-mail for Mark Cheater of Phantom who I am sure will get any fault sorted for you! Our own Phantom raised the alarm as we were handing over the cheque and collecting the new van, as the salesman accidentally pressed the alarm fob in his pocket!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Update.Phantom have been really helpful and have been testing the unit.They are sending an engineer to replace the it.Really good customer service.

Jan 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mikey

We have a phantom system, we had our caravan stolen 3 years ago, six weeks after having it installed. We paid extra for a motion sensor to be installed but it failed to allert phantom of the caravan being moved. We then had it installed into our next van and was told by the engineer that the motion sensor was faulty. This by the way was the same sensor.

we have often used the van and left the tracker on to see if they alerted us of the carvan being on the move. This often took them about 1 to 2 hours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have had phantom pro fitted in van for 3 years now,and EVERY time ive either pressed the fob button accidently or took the leads out while car running or whatever would normally set it off,they have responded within 5-10 mins, with either call to home or mobile phone.personally i can't fault it at all.hopefully it's never used for what it is intended,but it's nice to know it DOES WORK

G

Did you get your Phantom Sorted, I subcontract as a fitter to Phantom & am bothered by your problem

Dec 21, 2007
Visit site
Did you get your Phantom Sorted, I subcontract as a fitter to Phantom & am bothered by your problem
Hi A

Can you explain or convince me the following isn't opportunist. Just bough a caravan with Phathom Proactive fitted and the previous keeper cancelled or finished subscription when put into secure storage. I would now like to reactivate but Phathom want

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts