Pitch Concerns ....

GAS

BANNED
Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Booked my first Pitch recently for our Maiden Voyage in our new van with no issues being early April. High season availability on the same site was rapidly running out with on -line bookings.
Popped into the Dealership during the week to organize the Handover and was met with a sea of new and nearly new vans unlike the desert forecourt I wondered through two weeks ago and 90% of them now Sold . Slightly concerns me that demand for caravans may out weigh pitch availability in high season seeing that many of us are making shorter in distance outings... :unsure: ... Maybe going to be a tougher season for some ?
Just to add Booked a static for 5 relations to surprise ma Mrs going into her 60th year on the same site ... 2 Nights with partial sea view ......... £1000 !!!! :sick:

GAS ....

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Last year in early July we booked our main holiday site for the same period this year. At that point quite a number of pitches were already booked. However this was for a fully serviced pitch. Last Wednesday I booked a fully serviced pitch early June no issue and a fully serviced pitch on a CL for the first week of the school holidays.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve just booked for a couple of nights in the Forest of Dean. All pitches with electric and the XL pitches were booked too for the mid week leading to Easter. So it’s grass non electric, but since I’ve not got a EHU cable for the tents that’s ok. Two tents two adults £28 for two nights school holidays not too bad a price. Probably cost more in fuel getting there and back.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have booked a Sunday - Friday 5 nights on a fully hardstanding service pitch near facilities on CL and CSs from April - September 2022 also booked a cottage in November for 1 week Alnwick I tried to extend one and it was not on . ,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have booked a Sunday - Friday 5 nights on a fully hardstanding service pitch near facilities on CL and CSs from April - September 2022 also booked a cottage in November for 1 week Alnwick I tried to extend one and it was not on . ,
There is a nice CS Doxford Farm near to Alnwick. Nice facilities and the farm also has a nice cottage plus other sc accommodation. Might be worth considering.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve just booked for a couple of nights in the Forest of Dean. All pitches with electric and the XL pitches were booked too for the mid week leading to Easter. So it’s grass non electric, but since I’ve not got a EHU cable for the tents that’s ok. Two tents two adults £28 for two nights school holidays not too bad a price. Probably cost more in fuel getting there and back.
We will wave to you from across the river as we are near Arlingham. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There is a nice CS Doxford Farm near to Alnwick. Nice facilities and the farm also has a nice cottage plus other sc accommodation. Might be worth considering.
Hi Clive having a look but we need a enclosed garden because we have two dogs but thanks for your suggestion (y)

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
There will always be pitches available but many popular sites can book up in July and August especially for weekends. There are always pitches available though if you look around.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have left October open just in case we fancy going back to this CL in Boston fully service pitches and there is a good pub ten minute walk from site that a plus

Attachments

• caravans-and-motorhomes.jpg
    caravans-and-motorhomes.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts