Planning to visit Czech Republic and Poland...any tips welcome

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are planning to visit the Czech Republic and Poland in September. We will travel via Frankfurt stoping at Prague, Krakow and then back via Dresden to Calais. Any tips would be welcome particularly re: Motorway tolls and payment methods in Czech and Poland, service areas, rules and regulations, vignettes, best guide books and maps etc.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi otherclive have you had a look at my website? We travelled this area in 2008 if you care to look at that trip on threre it might help you. If there are any other questions I will be happy to help you. For Toll/Vignette prices go to www.tolltickets.com , For tolls you go into the offices at the Border of these countries to pay. Not many ACSI sites in these 2 countries but the ones we stopped at in Prageis and Brno were good. Both ACSI Camping Card Sites there, may be more now, I have not looked to be honest..

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dianne,
thanks to 2008 blog is great. I was thinking of 4 days in Krakow. Two for the Old Town, one for A-Birkenau and half for the salt mines. Do you think that would be reasonable to get a feel of the city and its highlights. We willl probably use public transport whilst there.

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
OtherClive
We went to Dresden last year from where we visited Prague. We stayed at Camping LuxOase which had fabulous faciities- the toilet blocks amongst the best we have seen anywhere. The tolls in Czech are relatively easy to navigate, you just pull into the first service station after crossing the border and purchase a vignette(relatively cheap from memory).

Have a good trip!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
other clive When we went to Krakov we stopped just 3 nights I believe.we did Salt Mines one day, A-Birkenau 1 day so did not go into K rakov city at all one of the couples who were with us went to the city instead of the mines and they said it was nice. I would have though 2 days there would be OK. We drove the car to Auschitz and to the Salt Mines the site office had details of public transport availability.. Had you though of a camp site. The one we stopped at was excellent and so quiet even though just out side Krakov. It was so close to the main road too. Cheers.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to all for the replies. Not sure where we will stay but plan to have 4-5 nights close to krakow so we can see as much as possible of the city and other historical sites close by.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts