Please be polite

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Recently both Damian and myself have edited comments that contain inappropriate words or phrases.
These are mild expletives, 'industrial' language and risqué jokes or comments.
We are not prudes, but this forum is the online voice of Practical Caravan magazine, which in simple terms means that if a word or phrase wouldn't be printed in a Practical Caravan magazine article, it is unlikely to remain on the message boards.
Implied expletives using asterisks are also removed.
This might appear to be over zealous on our part, but Haymarket who own and finance this website are a leading multinational publishing and online media company, therefore the content can be accessed all over the world, which means that the brand is inclusive and must not be brought into disrepute wherever it's output may appear.
If you enjoy using off colour words or phrases to embellish online comments, topic titles etc; please be aware that on this particular internet resource they will be removed as inappropriate as soon as they are seen by moderators, however innocuous these words or phrases may appear to be.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Totally agree, but Haymarket publishing must be a wonderful place to work with no Effing and Blinding among it's staff and being such a PC place to work, or is it,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
jallin said:
Thank goodness for that. Can you also correct grammar and spelling??? Just kidding it's one of my bug-bears!!

We could but we don't :)
As long as people can make themselves understood there's no criticism of spelling or grammar, because we don't know whether the person who submitted a comment is dyslexic or whether English is their first language.

camel said:
Totally agree, but Haymarket publishing must be a wonderful place to work with no Effing and Blinding among it's staff and being such a PC place to work, or is it,

I've no idea what it's like to work for anybody these days, I'm retired! :)
Moderators are volunteers nominated by Haymarket, but although we try to look after both Haymarket and forum users interests by helping things to run smoothly with no malware or spam, we aren't employed by anybody.
I've no idea what the office environment amongst Haymarket staff may be either, because I've never been anywhere near to Haymarket Towers, but what I do know is that we don't tolerate inappropriate content on this website. ;)
There is more information Here

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Parksy for making those points clear. I see no reason for "colourful" language on this Forum or in life in general.
It does seem to be a feature of modern life and some find the use of expletives part of everyday language.
I find typing a bit of a chore anyway so the use of additional words just adds to the fun of being dyslexic.
( The smell chequer is a grate infenshon for me).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts