Polmanter Touring Park St. Ives.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Just come back from a two week break at this site, and would like to say how well kept this site is.

The shower and toilet block seemde to always have a cleaner cleaning either the mens,ladies,family or disabled toilets.

The bar was very relaxed and had a family bar or an adult only bar, along with a very large conservatory for familes to sit in for events throught out the week.

Outdoor pool, children under 16 had to be supervised by an adult over 18. (No lifeguard)

Shop was a little sparce but fresh bread every day.Tesco just out of St. Ives for all other products.

Bus took you into St.Ives every hour and returned every hour for a small fee (a lot easier than trying to park) although very popular with the site.

Laundrette very popular and a good place to have a chat, spoke to holiday makers who have been to this site time and time again. They book their pitch for the following year.

Some of the pitches are on a slop,we had a huge pitch no 251 you could have put another caravan and car behind us, if you don't believe me look at the website you can view the pitches.

Ours was on a gradual slop.

Not many hard stands, or fully serviced pitch you need to book early for these.

Would stay here again.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We had a look at this site 2 days ago whilst on a day trip to St Ives and was really impressed with the pitch sizes and the cleanliness. We were told that it would take 30 minutes to walk into St Ives and wonder if this is correct. We previously stayed at the site in St Ives itself (Ayr Holiday Park) which is nice but not very big pitches and they are very sloped. Obviously being in St Ives itself is a big advantage, but Polmanter is a nicer site,

We definitely want to go again in the very near future as we love St Ives but are finding it difficult to choose which site to go to

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a look at this site 2 days ago whilst on a day trip to St Ives and was really impressed with the pitch sizes and the cleanliness. We were told that it would take 30 minutes to walk into St Ives and wonder if this is correct. We previously stayed at the site in St Ives itself (Ayr Holiday Park) which is nice but not very big pitches and they are very sloped. Obviously being in St Ives itself is a big advantage, but Polmanter is a nicer site,

We definitely want to go again in the very near future as we love St Ives but are finding it difficult to choose which site to go to
nice walk to st ives,downhill all the way,bit steep on way back,but hey the bus is just grand,picks you up right bye the cinema near to all shops,book it you,ll love it

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Oklahma

We never did the walk down to the town,but we where told it would take around 30 mins. My aunt lives in Carbis bay and she had heard that the site was very good, she also recommended Ayr.

I am glad we picked Polmanter now.

Like Alan said book it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Remember to check out the web page for the best pitch,up above us the slopes where very steep. You can request your pitch number.

When we booked last year we had the last pitch for two week holiday w/c 28th July.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks to Allyson and alan for your comments. I really can't wait to go back to St Ives as it's one of my favourite places in the UK

We've just been to Devon and had a day trip to St Ives as I said earlier. We realised that we really wished we'd gone there for our holiday. Devon was lovely but we have so many happy memories of staying in cottages when the children were small and before we had a caravan. St Ives is a very special place for us

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts