Poor Illumination From Rear Indicator Lights on my 2004 Coachman Pastiche

Jul 1, 2021
Visit site
I have a problem with my rear indicators being very dim. It looks to me as if over time the Orange bulb coating has faded. In took off a rear light cluster to examine the bulb but could see no way to remove any of the bulbs in the cluster. Can anyone please give me tips, directions or a "How To".

Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have a problem with my rear indicators being very dim. It looks to me as if over time the Orange bulb coating has faded. In took off a rear light cluster to examine the bulb but could see no way to remove any of the bulbs in the cluster. Can anyone please give me tips, directions or a "How To".

Thanks

Normally bayonet type, push and twist as above. But modern vans have LED's and may be different.

John

Jul 1, 2021
Visit site
So the are standard bulbs. Looks to me as if the light cluster is in two main pieces, the lens cover and the backing plate holding the bulb sockets. What is not clear to me is how to remove the front (lens cover) from the rear backing plate to gain access to the bulbs. I am guessing that its been a long time since they have been parted, if ever and I do not wish to use any force in case I break something which would be very difficult to replace.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So the are standard bulbs. Looks to me as if the light cluster is in two main pieces, the lens cover and the backing plate holding the bulb sockets. What is not clear to me is how to remove the front (lens cover) from the rear backing plate to gain access to the bulbs. I am guessing that its been a long time since they have been parted, if ever and I do not wish to use any force in case I break something which would be very difficult to replace.
Are there any small notches or cut outs just about the width of a electrical screwdriver. These are likely to be the “ catch” points where a small blade turned May open the red lense from the backing plate.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Photos would be helpful.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts