Possible roof light blinds

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Just returned from Ikea and spotted as Schottis blinds and wondered if the small pleat blackout version might prove the answer to replacing the blind in my Heki roof light that has become perforated and is therefore no longer keeping light out! This version is cheap, scissor cut to size, plastic backed so should be durable. Just need to see if it could be fitted to the end trims of the original

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just returned from Ikea and spotted as Schottis blinds and wondered if the small pleat blackout version might prove the answer to replacing the blind in my Heki roof light that has become perforated and is therefore no longer keeping light out! This version is cheap, scissor cut to size, plastic backed so should be durable. Just need to see if it could be fitted to the end trims of the original
Keep us updated how you get on :D

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Well a quick look today - the gridded vents at each end unclip with finger nails revealing two pair of screws into the ceiling board and seems to be all that is holding it in place. The leading edge of the blind grips to the frame with 3 push clips and I might assume the hidden end will be the same. Before taking anything apart I want to check that schottis pleats are the same depth as those of the Heki so will run within the frame and if so could be a simple job!

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts