Posting pictures

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
:( in two years being on this forum , never posted a picture , read and re read how to do it , got the photo bucket account sorted , but just can't get the link from there to here ! Very frustrated now ! Many times I've wanted to stick a picture on but av given up , is there no easier way ,

Frustrated

Craig .

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
:( in two years being on this forum , never posted a picture , read and re read how to do it , got the photo bucket account sorted , but just can't get the link from there to here ! Very frustrated now ! Many times I've wanted to stick a picture on but av given up , is there no easier way ,

Frustrated

Craig .

Craig

Maybe this will help you by explaining how to put photos on the forum..

When you upload a photo to photobucket you then need to click on the link at the side of the word Direct, it will highlight and quickly say copied ..
Pcv%20picture%20help%202_zps3nfcboor.jpg

When you click on the tab to insert a photo you need to remove the htpp:// before you paste your link into that box

Pcv%20picture%20help%201_zpszxo4nfoc.jpg

The box will then look like this ...

Pcv%20picture%20help%203_zpswiiaqw6y.jpg

Then put a size into the box for the photo size and past the link into the box below.

Pcv%20picture%20help%204_zpsyhd6g4re.jpg

Just remember that when you click insert it will put the photo were the cursor is .....

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon_zpserdjluzy.gif
shout up if you need more instructions ;)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry , been working , tried a lot tonight sproket done all you said , downloaded pictures to photobucket , hit the link , copied , pasted , still couldn't get it here ! Why can't it be as east as an option on a similar forum where it says 'add attachment' , and done in 2o seconds !!!!!!! But thanks for your help , and kev ! :unsure: :( :huh:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Sorry , been working , tried a lot tonight sproket done all you said , downloaded pictures to photobucket , hit the link , copied , pasted , still couldn't get it here ! Why can't it be as east as an option on a similar forum where it says 'add attachment' , and done in 2o seconds !!!!!!! But thanks for your help , and kev ! :unsure: :( :huh:
This might seem like a silly question Craig but after you downloaded, copied, pasted did you remember to click on the Submit button at the bottom left of your screen?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you have followed Sprockets instructions and have reached the stage of copying the IMG link into the forum dialogue box after clicking the picture icon (a rectangle 'picture' with a chain link across the front 6th from the right on the boardcode toolbar) all thar remains is to click the rectangular Insert button next to the dialogue box and then click Submit as you do to add a comment and your picture should appear
07a9498e-5245-4874-891c-cbf4dcfd0209_zps028e364c.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
TuT Tut Parksy, you picture doesnt appear unless you click on it :lol:

Edit....Bother you changed it ...damm quick that was :lol:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So am not thick then ! It could be because I'm using an iPad , it's all we've got , ain't got a computer ! But will have another shot tmrw , tired and tea time ! Thanks to all ,
Craig .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:

:oops: As soon as I posted I realised that the url from Photobucket should be IMG and not Direct so I did a quick edit :cheer:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Gagakev said:

:oops: As soon as I posted I realised that the url from Photobucket should be IMG and not Direct so I did a quick edit :cheer:

Could that be Craigs problem then as sprockets instruction says click direct and that is what I have always used, I have never use dthe IMG one but perhaps Craig could try your way?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
STICKER14.jpg
[/img]

Kev the img wont work with a normal pc as you can see above ...

STICKER14.jpg
My PC is normal, at least I hope it is :dry:
I'm using a new(ish) desktop with Windows 8:1 and my default browser for this forum is Firefox

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it makes sense but I don't have an i-pad so I am unable to follow the steps to see what's going wrong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts