Powrtouch Auto Engage Mover - Help!

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Having only a small budget I decided to do down the "used but in good working condition" route to source a motor mover for our 2 berth single axle caravan.

Found a suitable Powrtouch mover. I've been unsuccessful in identifying exactly which model it is, so far although I suspect I might learn that as a result of this thread. It is the same as the one shown in the attached photo, which I suspect is an older model

Got hold of various new bits needed, a set of installation and wiring instructions for a similar Powrtouch mover, and a few views of Youtube videos, and set to to (successfully) install the beast and wire it all up.

Took the remote, equal to that of the attached photo, which was still paired with the control box OK, and which turned on OK and did all the things the instructions said it would. I tested all motor functions with the appropriate arrow buttons, and the rollers moved in the correct directions etc.

Then came to engage the rollers onto the tyres. According to the instructions I have, this is achieved by pressing and holding button A, then simultaneously holding button B and immediately letting go of both buttons, at which time many LEDs will flash whilst the actuators move the rollers on to the tyres.

Nope. Not a peep. No sounds of any kind from the actuators. Which at the moment makes the whole thing 40 odd Kg of scrap metal attached to our caravan!

Logic says, as it's both sides of the caravan, that I'm using the wrong buttons to do this.

Any thoughts and ideas as to what I could try ?

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 06.59.13.png
PeteScreenshot 2020-08-30 at 07.16.56.png

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Maybe not much help to you but on one of our previous vans,(I think it was a Truma with a different handset to yours),I had to press(at the same time) the top 2 buttons.
Hopefully,someone with the same handset to yours will be along shortly to help.
I take it the batteries in handset are ok?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine requires both green buttons simultaneously for On and any green button for Off fir moving the van once rollers are engaged.

Installation and operating instructions are downloads from Powrtouch website

Reactions: JezzerB
Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Maybe not much help to you but on one of our previous vans,(I think it was a Truma with a different handset to yours),I had to press(at the same time) the top 2 buttons.
Hopefully,someone with the same handset to yours will be along shortly to help.
I take it the batteries in handset are ok?

Yes the battery in the handset is fine. I'll give that a try and report back.

Thanks

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Mine requires both green buttons simultaneously for On and any green button for Off fir moving the van once rollers are engaged.

Installation and operating instructions are downloads from Powrtouch website

I'm not having any problem turning the handset on - just engaging the rollers.

I've been all over the Powrtouch download area, but as I say I'm not sure what model I have. Powrtouch give instructions how to identify your model, but it depends on a label on the end of the drive motor, and my unit has no such labels.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I have that controller. Firstly, have you turned on the isolator for the mover (not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, just trying to help). Your controller should work just as you describe. The green led strip next to button B should then light up left to right , and cycle through that whilst the engage process runs, and then flashes 3 times before going steady, indicating the rollers are engaged.

DIsengaging is the reverse, and again the light runs right to left before flashing three times and going steady when disengage is complete

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Mine 2 green buttons for on. Center button A plus B as you've shown. The rollers start to move after a few seconds. I usually keep pressing A and B until the rollers are moving.
The only other thing I can think of is to use the tool that comes with the mover to re-set the thing. (Looks like a "t" shaped tool with a socked head on the long section) In my case there's a hole covered with a plastic bung that when removed allows the tool to be pushed inside and turned, I imagine it connects with a "nut" head inside the unit. This is used if the movers are out of sync - i.e. only one side is moving to engage the wheels.
Bit of a hurry now so sorry about not being too clear. Try searching for re-setting a powertouch.

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I have the same remote and the instructions are attached. When you turn it on there should be only 1 green LED showing when it is in operation and only then can you engage the rollers. You then press and hold E and then K and release both. It's the same process to release so E then J.
I was told to be careful to listen for the motor to completely stop when disengaging. The rollers disengage fully but there is a brief pause and then they reset to the correct position.

Attachments

• p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 5
  • p3.JPG
    p3.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 5
Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
I have that controller. Firstly, have you turned on the isolator for the mover (not trying to teach granny to suck eggs, just trying to help). Your controller should work just as you describe. The green led strip next to button B should then light up left to right , and cycle through that whilst the engage process runs, and then flashes 3 times before going steady, indicating the rollers are engaged.

DIsengaging is the reverse, and again the light runs right to left before flashing three times and going steady when disengage is complete

Erm - yes the isolator is turned on - the rollers wouldn't work otherwise :)

You describe what the instructions say should happen, but it's not. The fact nothing happens, even on the remote, leads me to believe that this is an older model, and the key sequence is different. I'll probably end up calling Powrtouch on Tuesday, but if I could solve this earlier it would be great, as we're due to tow the caravan on Wednesday.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Identifying your motor mover Powrtouch
On the top of your electronics box you should find a Sticker or a number etched into the metalwork

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site

You describe what the instructions say should happen, but it's not. The fact nothing happens, even on the remote, leads me to believe that this is an older model, and the key sequence is different. I'll probably end up calling Powrtouch on Tuesday, but if I could solve this earlier it would be great, as we're due to tow the caravan on Wednesday.

Thanks

Check this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EWDh_iocM

This is how I solved similar problem and tried to explain earlier.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site

Thanks

Intrigued to know (and no doubt others who have offered their thoughts will feel the same) how you got on?
Did Powrtouch technical service provide the answer? Was it the gizmo I described and as shown in the video? Was it a different combination of buttons, Was it something none of us thought of?

Whatever the outcome 'twould be great to know and hopefully you will be going away on Wednesday sorted!

Reactions: JezzerB
Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi everybody, and thanks once again for those who pitched in with knowledge and ideas.

We did solve the problem, with the help of the excellent support department at Truma Powrtouch. I've seen bad reports, however my experience was exceptional.

As soon as I described the problem, the gentleman sought to identify the particular mover I have, which turns out to be the Model 3 with the optional auto engage. He then pointed out that on the older models, the required keypress is the centre button and the arrow key directly above it, normally used to move the caravan backwards in a straight line. Other than that, everything works the same - the LED window gives a countdown to the rollers engaging, and the little red LED above the arrow key continues to flash for several seconds after they've engaged. When that stops flashing, control is returned to the remote to move the caravan about. To disengage, the keys are the centre key and the arrow key pointing towards the front of the caravan.

It seems this same sequence applies to other "Model X" movers, so hopefully a few of the regular contributors to these forums might remember this if ever the same subject arises in the future.

We did make it away on our break, with the mover working perfectly, and had a great although a tad wet week in the Peak District. All back now - awning dried on the patio yesterday - awning carpets all scrubbed clear of mud and dried today, ready for the next outing.

Pete

Reactions: Hutch and ProfJohnL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody, and thanks once again for those who pitched in with knowledge and ideas.

We did solve the problem, with the help of the excellent support department at Truma Powrtouch. I've seen bad reports, however my experience was exceptional.

As soon as I described the problem, the gentleman sought to identify the particular mover I have, which turns out to be the Model 3 with the optional auto engage. He then pointed out that on the older models, the required keypress is the centre button and the arrow key directly above it, normally used to move the caravan backwards in a straight line. Other than that, everything works the same - the LED window gives a countdown to the rollers engaging, and the little red LED above the arrow key continues to flash for several seconds after they've engaged. When that stops flashing, control is returned to the remote to move the caravan about. To disengage, the keys are the centre key and the arrow key pointing towards the front of the caravan.

It seems this same sequence applies to other "Model X" movers, so hopefully a few of the regular contributors to these forums might remember this if ever the same subject arises in the future.

We did make it away on our break, with the mover working perfectly, and had a great although a tad wet week in the Peak District. All back now - awning dried on the patio yesterday - awning carpets all scrubbed clear of mud and dried today, ready for the next outing.

Pete
Hi SilstonGeezer i am pleased everything is sorted with the mover and you had a nice break in the Peak District .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts