Practical Caravan Badges / Stickers

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
During a recent conversation with Practical Caravan Magazine editor Nigel Donnelly the subject of badges or stickers which would identify fellow forum members and readers of the magazine to each other came up.
There are some exciting new developments in the pipeline which will be of benefit to all Practical Caravan website and forum users and Haymarket have given the go ahead for the badges or stickers that were suggested by members of this forum a while back.

We need to decide what sort of badges we would prefer.
Adhesive or non adhesive?
How big?
Would members prefer the badges to stick inside caravan windows?
Outside the windows?
On A frames?
What sort of design or shape?
Please submit your ideas and thoughts so that Nigel and his team can get things moving.

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I'd've thought removable, inside window ones would be popular, staticky ones like road tax disc holders. They could be removed easily if/ when the van changes hands.
I'd suggest the shape to incorporate rounded corners. Much easier / neater to slip into the corner of a caravan window than a 90 degree corner.

MM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Good Idea by MM, but, this could be a tricky one to answer.
Walking around site staring in peoples windows to see if they have a sticker, I'd feel a bit awkward besides I dont want to be smacked over the head with a frying pan
smiley-wink.gif

Now the A-Frame, most people use covers so that could also pose a problem, not being very helpful am I?
Proberbly more expensive but hows about a little flag/pennant which you could slip into the offside awning rail which we could then spot a bit further away from the van and not get accused of being a peeping tom.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
In Response to Kevs posting, I really dont care about the peeping Tom bit everybody where we go seems to have a nose in the window as they walk by.
I dont mind, but on a serious note , something in bright colours that will stand out and as Kevs suggested a flag in the awning rail ,or a sticker in the window (inside) about 5 inch diameter would do the trick.
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
In Response to Kevs posting, I really dont care about the peeping Tom bit everybody where we go seems to have a nose in the window as they walk by.
I dont mind, but on a serious note , something in bright colours that will stand out and as Kevs suggested a flag in the awning rail ,or a sticker in the window (inside) about 5 inch diameter would do the trick.
Sir Roger

Hi Sir Roger, how you doing?
I'm with you about the Peeping Tom bit, I dont mind, --------------Ive got tinted windows, I can see out but you cant see in,
But on that note, of those of us with the tinted windows you would not be able to see the sticker very well if it was on the inside
smiley-undecided.gif

But a flaw with my flag idea I suppose is you would have to remove it before travelling, which I dont mind, oh well back to the drawing board

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Stickers always leave a mark due to dirt, sun and other reasons. Anyway although I belong to other caravan forums who have had something similar going for many years, I have never bothered with displaying the fact that i belong to that forum. After all why should I? In the case of the PC magazine, they should be paying us for advertising and a hitchlock cover would go down rather well.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd be happy with a window sticker,but as well I remember with one edition of PC there was a sticker that your wrote you van sizes and weights on,I found the height very useful as it was on the dash and easy to view.Is there any chance of that being done again as mine is beginning to curl up lol

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
Stickers always leave a mark due to dirt, sun and other reasons. Anyway although I belong to other caravan forums who have had something similar going for many years, I have never bothered with displaying the fact that i belong to that forum. After all why should I? In the case of the PC magazine, they should be paying us for advertising and a hitchlock cover would go down rather well.

I'm with Surfer. Stickers leave a mark. I don't want one but I would love a new hitch cover. Put mine in the post please
mel

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
In Reply to Gagakev Ill help you out a bit here Kev if your Kampa is attached to the van the flag wont go in the awning rail anyway.
So, I like you have tinted windows see out not in so again dont worry about the nosey beggars.
Why not have a nice sticker displayed inthe tow vehicle say some thing the size of supplying car dealer uses
Ok .thats it, is mine in the post yet?
Sir Roger

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think a sticker that can be put on the inside of the window would be best. You can get "low tak" type decals these days that won't leave a mark. How about a caravan profile shape leaving for instance a window for the individual to put their "handle" (forum name) into.
While there are members who might not want others to know who/where they are or can't put labels on their company cars for various reasons, there are also others like myself who will help and fellow caravanner or motorhomer should they ask. A practical caravan sticker that show's the forum member could be seen as a sign of someone prepared to be of friendly help to others.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
make them like the paint seal type badge ypu can cover a dent with them the other caravan chat forum ones dont show if you have blacked windows like mine.make it a small flag pennant type you could put on a long pole so you can see what way the wind is blowing and then light the bbq to anoy the next door pitch like all good caravaners.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Swift Talk have a sticker.
It's so naff you wouldn't put it on your worst enemies coffin.
Ours should be very subtle, easily removable, leaving no marks, more with say 80% picture , like a caravan and no more than 20% saying PC Forum. My A Frame collects stickers for the annual service and that's all that goes there.
Seems like the front window or the car.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Non adhesive type to go on the outside of van, ideal place offside front roof above the window.
Light green background to show that caravanners are environmentally friendly.
Oblong about 4” x 2” (oval shape is in use!)
Practical Caravan logo with words chat / talk forum, or what ever is agreed.
Maybe a picture of a caravan with trees, hills and the setting sun. If there is room left, a BBQ.
Web address www..................................................
/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Sticker_0.JPG Just a thought.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Would the sticker have a space to write your name on? I think it would have to be recognised easily from a distance, and would you want it to be seen on site or on the road as well?

Maybe we should just all get a tee - shirt with a squad style name on the back, or a secret handshake instead?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Parksy. Ive had my silly moment now how about something made in the same colour and stlyle as seen on the front of PC so that we dont offend looking and space as already been said where you could put who you are in a box.
Probably could be done as I said in a vehicle suppliers style sticker that wont leave a mess in the window or display in tow vehicle window
Sir Roger

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Second try to post.
My post was to say a sticker in exactly the same style as the front of PCv magazine possibly the size of supplying dealers with space for you write in who you are.(Same Colours)
Im not afraid to let people know who I am.
My windows are tinted and you can see and read the dealers sticker ok but I think would be better off innthe tow vehicle if posters are concerned about any marks on the windows.
Sir Roger

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Second try to post.
My post was to say a sticker in exactly the same style as the front of PCv magazine possibly the size of supplying dealers with space for you write in who you are.(Same Colours)
Im not afraid to let people know who I am.

Sir Roger
practical-caravan-2-1-1.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the responses and ideas which I will bring to the attention of Practical Caravan Community Editor Stacie Pardoe so that she can translate your ideas into orders for stickers or decals.
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I`m proud to be a pc member and would be very happy with a sticker i will place it on a piece of corex with a metal peg attached and place it by the hitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts