Practical Caravan email Forum notifications

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Recently when I receive an email notification for a new post on a subscribed thread it comes into my Junk mail. Despite changing settings on Hotmail and Apple Mail I am still getting some into my Inbox and some into my Junk Mail. Does anyone have similar problems or any ideas?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I keep this forum open in my browser, as other sensible forums I belong to where people are there to help each other, and just refresh the recent topics tab, and read everything since last time I visited.

I have a 'spam' email account, one set up where I expect to get spam to, and delete on my phone should I get emails contains spam.

If that makes sense.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Is there a tick box that lets you re-classify PCv notifications as not junk mail?
There might also be a filter in your email settings

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed over the last few months that a lot more 'genuine' emails are being marked as junk. Invariably these are the sort where the same email would be sent to numerous recipients. I guess the ISPs have tightened up the filters (perhaps pressurized by the 'consumer protection' loby?).

I use Thunderbird, and have emails simply marked as SPAM, rather than directed to a separate folder. It is easy to spot the ones you do/don't want to open.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks but it’s a puzzle why some PC email notifications go into the Inbox and some into Junk. Yet all originate from PC Forum threads.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine's just on and just refreshes when I go back on , not getting any emails but I am sick of getting numerous phone calls from Haymarket !! :angry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts