Pressingol Farm Caravan Site St. Agnes Cornwall

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anybody any information or experience of staying at this site, what are the surrounding amenities and what are the roads like for towing? Any information would be very much appreciated.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, Don't know the site in St.Agness, but lovely place,

lot of country Lanes, but I am sure the Site would have good access for caravans. Not going to Merley Park, Dorset then? Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife has been given the name of this site in St. Agnes - supposedly very clean and well run site and very close to a small cove. She has now said she is prepared to give Cornwall another chance to see if we can get to like the area.

She is typical of most females who apparantly have the right to change their minds at a whim. I am just the chaufer, gardener, d.i.y handyman, etc. My wife is very good at house keeping, cooking, etc. and it is I who play second fiddle.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I don't know the site Colin, but know the area. The site is only about 2 or so miles from the A30 crossing the road to Perranporth. The A30 is fine, and from memory the last mile or two should not be a major problem.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, well us wife's know best, why do not choose a site which is central to everywhere, like here or Carnon Downs where Lord B. stayed that way you have easy access on the main roads, also central for you and wife to visit different places, i.e St.Agnes, Perenporth, St.Ives.St.Austell, etc.etc.

P.S I think the site is called Presingoll Farm Camping and Caravan, not Pressingot? Regards Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, well us wife's know best, why do not choose a site which is central to everywhere, like here or Carnon Downs where Lord B. stayed that way you have easy access on the main roads, also central for you and wife to visit different places, i.e St.Agnes, Perenporth, St.Ives.St.Austell, etc.etc.

P.S I think the site is called Presingoll Farm Camping and Caravan, not Pressingot? Regards Liz
P.S Have a look on Website www.liskey.co.uk Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Liz - many thanks for your help in locating the site and also the site where Lord B. stayed. I went onto Google Earth and I am sure I saw his luxury outfit and also the staff caravans on the photo. I could be wrong mind - it might have been the toilet block I was looking at. I am sorry I do not know the name or whereabouts of your site - I believe it is a C&CC site - that is all I know. Perhaps if Mr. Mod was to pass on my e-mail address to you, you could contact me with details of the site. Again many thanks for your help.

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
St Agnes is lovely. Make sure you take a trip to the Meadery when you are there for a meal - excellent value and watch out for the mead wine!

You should have absolutely no problem getting there from the A30, it's a straight road off the Chiverton roundabout.

But then again Liz's site is only about 4 miles off the same roundabout in the other direction and you are closer to Truro at Liz's place.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
St Agnes village has a good selection of shops for all your needs and the bakery has excellent pasties.There was also a beach hut in the next beach to St Agnes (below the CC site which is a smashing spot too) which sells magnificent hot crab baguettes with garlic butter but beware have an "hedgehog" ice cream cone to follow. Just too much !The rich Cornish clotted cream ice covered with fresh cream, then melted chocolate then dipped in crushed hazelnuts.Yumee but you'll regret it !!!

We thought Cornwall was a great place to make use of National Trust membership too !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts