price of sites

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
i am a member of the caravan club and have just returned from a wonderful weekend break. As usuall the facilities were spotless but i feel the price of many sites are now going out of the window, why cant sites charge a one of pitch fee instead of pitch, occupants, dogs and awnings. gone are the days when you heard people saying caravaning is a cheap holiday.

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jane, I agree with you 100%, i to am a member of the cc and i have found that the prices for this year have increased way to much, yes you get a good standard but at what price, i have 3 grandsons who i take away and its cheaper to hire a static for the week than pay the cc prices, after all thats why i joined the club to get value for money.. cl sites for me in the future

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jane, I agree with you 100%, i to am a member of the cc and i have found that the prices for this year have increased way to much, yes you get a good standard but at what price, i have 3 grandsons who i take away and its cheaper to hire a static for the week than pay the cc prices, after all thats why i joined the club to get value for money.. cl sites for me in the future
Could not agree more ,but the cl are now getting on the bandwagon.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Could not agree more ,but the cl are now getting on the bandwagon.
Robert

We have a CL and like you at home our costs have gone up so this year for the first time since we started we put our price from 6 to 7

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we've just spent a week at a cc golden jubilee site , at peak rates (easter) it cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thoroughly agree with you the prices have gone through the roof. But I have always thought that they were overpriced.

As a lot of people have said on the topic of the use of toilets and showers in their vans, we never use the site facilities. The CC toilet blocks might be spotless but it makes no difference to us.

The only time we have stayed on a CC site for the last few years was when we had site vouchers from the credit card. Now that has finished I cant see us using them again unless we have to.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Sadly, prices for overnight stays rise like everything else, including salaries and pensions. If you choose to stay on a CC site and not use the facilities provided, I don't think you can complain about the cost since it was your decision to go to that particular site. If you don't use CC sites in the future, it means more pitches available for others!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I thoroughly agree with you the prices have gone through the roof. But I have always thought that they were overpriced.

As a lot of people have said on the topic of the use of toilets and showers in their vans, we never use the site facilities. The CC toilet blocks might be spotless but it makes no difference to us.

The only time we have stayed on a CC site for the last few years was when we had site vouchers from the credit card. Now that has finished I cant see us using them again unless we have to.
The voucher system is still in operation... you just have to spend

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I think the site fees are still reasonable.The reason you pay per person is because the more there are of you the more you use the facilities.A family of 4-5 are not going to bother fetching water every five minutes for showers, and the loo would fill up too quickly if it was used everytime.

Consequently, if there are only two of you it should be cheaper. Personally, we never use the loo / shower block and I am happy to go to sites that don't have them , and are therefore, cheaper.That is also the reason you see less children at these sites.

My only prefrence, for selfish reasons, would be for the CC to open more sites like these.

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
back with more rant

i also feel that there should not be different rates ie peak off peak, value. again this is against people camping with kids with regards to school holidays. do most caravan sites not want kids on them, or just see a way to make a lot of extra money out of them.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
It's a way to earn more money. Everyone renting out accommodation charges more at school holiday time. It stands to reason that if lots of folk are looking for somewhere to stay, price won't really be too much of an issue. I think everyone expects to pay more in peak hoilday season and it's probably unrealistic to expect otherwise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts