Punishment fits the crime

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just seen a video of a Spanish fly tipper chucking a large fridge into a ravine with the comment “ that’s recycled”. However the police have got him and he has been fined €45000 and together with his buddy they were required to haul the fridge out of the ravine.

Cannot imagine such punishment being meted out here in case they were injured hauling the fridge back out of the ravine

Well done the Guardia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49248764

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes, Fully agree..
I wish the authorities over here would take similar action....
Regards to all
Happy Caravanning
paws

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've just taken a full set of plastic chairs and 6seat table to our local recycling centre,could put chairs in "hard plastic " container,was about to throw table in also,when asked if any metal in table,no,I replied as I've taken the 2 large metal bars to strengthen it and put them in the "metal "container,attendant comes over and inspects said 6ft X 4ft table and built in legs,says no can do,throw it in landfill/non recycling due to 4screws(not bolts) :( :evil: I tell her I thought she was joking,and did she have a screwdriver so I could remove them,no!just throw it in landfill.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
On the subject of the local refuse ammenity, they have a rule at ours regarding rubble, two bags per week per person. Being a kind and considerate person, I split one load over six bags, to make it easier for them to lift. I got a right earbashing for my trouble, so I tipped all six into two bags and then said "that do ya". The look on his face was priceless and he couldnt lift them. Taking two more the following day, I got another ear bashing, as it was only two per week. I explained yesterday was Saturday, today is Sunday.........new week. Wasnt being idle not putting them in the skip myself. They dont allow it at our tip.

I just love tackling jobsworths.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When I was a kid at school our teachers would always be fond of delivering the Awful Warning of What Could Happen.
It went something like ''if you don't work harder at mathematics you'll end up sweeping the streets / emptying the bins / working at the council rubbish dump''
The school dunces have been elevated beyond their wildest imaginings when they were awarded their High Vis jacket. The one who just about managed to scrawl their own name now gets the mighty clipboard of supreme authority over us mere mortals who got our heads down to obtain decent jobs when we left school.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts