Pwrtouch Mover Remote Control Buttons

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Having had some problems turning on our Pwrtouch Evolution Mover remote control of late I have fixed it and for what it is worth here is a note that may help somebody who has a similar problem.

Mike A

Attachments

• Repair of a Pwrtouch Evolution Mover Remote Control 1.pdf
    483.2 KB · Views: 59
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Fine on mine running IOS14.5. Apologies if I’m teaching Granny etc but after pressing the icon in the post you then need to press the IPad Download icon which appears at the top of the screen towards the right. The 7 page PDF then opens for reading.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
very nice pdf,
My On buttons failed
I used tin foil to fix them😁
Very low tech but plus 4 years on its still doing the job.

The carbon under the buttons that make contact with the switch, didn't.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
very nice pdf,
My On buttons failed
I used tin foil to fix them😁
Very low tech but plus 4 years on its still doing the job.

The carbon under the buttons that make contact with the switch, didn't.
Mine doesn’t clamp its battery tightly enough so I’ve put a small wad of loo paper in which is enough to push the battery tighter against the terminals.

Reactions: Darren.H
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. I have a question though. Loking at the pattern to be bridged on the circuit board under each of the pair of ON buttons, wont sticking the copper over that make them permanently live/bridged.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for that. I have a question though. Loking at the pattern to be bridged on the circuit board under each of the pair of ON buttons, wont sticking the copper over that make them permanently live/bridged.
I just put a small bit under each button as a quick fix, but the tin foil doesn't seem to bridge the contacts without pressing the buttons, perhaps naturally sprung, dont know, but I havnt bothered re-carboning the contacts via Amazons thingy, no point
There are 2 on buttons to press simultaneously perhaps that is possibly contributing to the tin foil success

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Thank you very much for this information , it’s great that this guidance works a diy fix. It’s all too easy to just shell out the money for a replacement which technically favours the manufacturer and not the customer. Well done and if mine starts to cause problems I will certainly try your fix.
Regards, John

May 2, 2006
Visit site

The copper patch is stuck not straight on top of the circuit board, but on the protruding columns of the button pad that hover above the board. The gap is at least 2-3 mm and is only closed when you press the buttons.

Both of them must be operating fine, with a gap, because if one of them was constantly touching the circuit board that would be the signal to the system to turn off again.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for the file and information within. If it is of any help to others my only suggestion would be to use a hole punch as used for crafts or punching additional holes in leather belts etc. (cheap to buy an example here:
Leather Hole Punch Revolving 4.5MM HolesBelt Craft Heavy Duty Puncher Plier | eBay) Select the size circle that you need and punch it out, which saves the difficult job of trying to scissor cut a small neat circle.

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for this. Have just followed it with my remote and it now responds brilliantly. Will save loads of time and frustration trying to get the thing to work now.

TRENDING THREADS