Question for Icebreaker

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Do you have to pay to take dogs on trains and if so, what proportion of an adult fare would it likely to be? (My train service is Midland Mainline).

Can the dog travel with its handler?

Do you know if you can take dogs on the tube?

Many thanks.

Lisa

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
No problem Lisa, ice maker is my old cb radio handle from the 80's. when i started to use this forum many years ago i was known as john g but it transpired as you will know that the forum allready had a user by this name so to avoid confusion i changed to icemaker, my cb handle originated from my first career in refrigeration.

Any way the subject of dogs on trains, being a driver i know very little about ticketing issues but i do know that on our services (northern rail) dogs travel for free and im pretty sure this would be the case on most services.

All dogs travel with the handler within the main passenger compartment on our services and must be kept on the lead and on the floor.

A few years ago my guard found a unattended dog on our train and reported it to me, i rang control who asked if it had got on at stalybridge which it had, it turned out the dog did this on a regular basis and our control had the phone number for its owner, the dog (a labrador) did 3 trips to huddersfield from manchester with me in the cab before its owner collected it.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Icemaker you just bought up a subject that I guess many have been into and rhar is CB radios,I had in fact still have two an AM and a FM both 40 channel my handle was money lender.

When we went to France for the first time many moons ago we went with two other families and we all had CB which was great because you could follow each other without the need to right behind each other and the one in front could give early watning to the others of turns etc and handy if one needed to stop for fuel or call of nature.I dont seem to see caravanners with them these days though.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Icemaker

When I was younger I used to go to Warrington Station to see the Night Mail Train. It was always a double header and jesus it was travelling through the station that fast that the wind used to nearly lift you off your feet!!!!!

Did you ever drive that ???

Frank

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
No i have never drove the mail train Frank, ive only been on the railways for 9 1/2 years all of it driving though.

My dad did 50 years before retiring 5 years ago and he drove the mail train quite regular so you may have seen him, warrington still is the main mail hub in the north west for rail but they now use purpose built electric trains similar to the 323 class.

dad started at edgely depot as a cleaner then a fireman, he then became a pass fireman and started driving and then passed out as a driver on steam.

When edgely shut he moved to guide bridge depot which did the route over woodhead as well as many other routes and from guide bridge he moved to picadilly where he stayed to retirement.

On his final run he left barrow in furness 15 late but arrived at picadilly bang on time driving what was then an allmost brand new class 175.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts