Quick Alko hitch lock help

Jun 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I am picking up my new (to me anyway) caravan tommorrow but I need to get a hitchlock today so that its secure from the start. Trouble is I dont know what the specific type of Alko stabiliser is fitted from the factory. The Caravan is 2003 Swift Charisma 565 as is as it rolled out the factory.

Any help greatly appricaited.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our 2003 Ace (Swift group) was fitted with the Alko 2004 hitch and our 2006 Bailey is fitted with the 3004 but I am able to use the same Alko hitch lock for both

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
AKS 1300/2004/3004 Hitchlock

AKS13L

This sturdy, colour co-ordinated security device is the essential accessory to prevent theft of your caravan. The device can be easily attached to the coupling/stabiliser by using the two specially handed mounting brackets. On the AKS 2004 these brackets are an integral part of the stabiliser body and are excluded from the kit. Once these are in position, the security device simply drops into the brackets and locks into place. Once locked, this device has been proved and tested to withstand a dedicated 5-minute attack test by Sold Secure. It has full TUV approvals and may enable you to enjoy insurance discounts from selected insurance providers. The AL-KO Safety also protects the bolt heads of your coupling or stabiliser, preventing theft of these expensive items!

The most obvious benefit of fitting the AL-KO Safety, is that you can keep the device locked-on whilst your caravan and car are hitched-up and whilst you are travelling. This removes the worry of 'guarding' your caravan when stopped at motorway service areas and also allows more valuable storage space in your caravan or car boot as it uses the ideal storage area - right on your caravan!The AL-KO Safety Anti-Theft Device is designed to fit the newer design of coupling head, the AKS 1300, 2004 and 3004 Stabiliser.

To identify which type of coupling you currently have, look at the markings stamped onto the coupling head if you have AKS 1300, AKS 2004 or 3004 then this lock is suitable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
AKS 1300/2004/3004 Hitchlock

AKS13L

This sturdy, colour co-ordinated security device is the essential accessory to prevent theft of your caravan. The device can be easily attached to the coupling/stabiliser by using the two specially handed mounting brackets. On the AKS 2004 these brackets are an integral part of the stabiliser body and are excluded from the kit. Once these are in position, the security device simply drops into the brackets and locks into place. Once locked, this device has been proved and tested to withstand a dedicated 5-minute attack test by Sold Secure. It has full TUV approvals and may enable you to enjoy insurance discounts from selected insurance providers. The AL-KO Safety also protects the bolt heads of your coupling or stabiliser, preventing theft of these expensive items!

The most obvious benefit of fitting the AL-KO Safety, is that you can keep the device locked-on whilst your caravan and car are hitched-up and whilst you are travelling. This removes the worry of 'guarding' your caravan when stopped at motorway service areas and also allows more valuable storage space in your caravan or car boot as it uses the ideal storage area - right on your caravan!The AL-KO Safety Anti-Theft Device is designed to fit the newer design of coupling head, the AKS 1300, 2004 and 3004 Stabiliser.

To identify which type of coupling you currently have, look at the markings stamped onto the coupling head if you have AKS 1300, AKS 2004 or 3004 then this lock is suitable.
JohnG

I mostly agree with your response on Alko hitch locks but it was pointed out to me that if you are involved in an accident whilst towing, leaving the hitch lock in place can be a disaster. Reason being that the rescue services cannot separate the van from the towing vehicle,and if its on fire you can imagine the consequence.

By all means keep the lock on whilst parked as a theft deterent. Just thought I would point that out to all you 'vanners

Clive S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive thanks for making that point

I just copied my second reply from a website to give the information about which model

It was done with the spectre at the door demanding "Shopping" and had I read it more carefully I would have added the same rider as yourself

Regards

Jun 5, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

I looked around abit and the Alko hitchlock does seem to the stabiliers available at the time ine was manufactured.

I have seen a suitable second hand for sale for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts