Rain - Costa Del Sol

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
We are currently staying near Marbella and the weather is atrocious. Rain every day, torrential at times and the forecast is not good. Anyone got better weather at the moment, or the prospect of it, on the other Costas or the Algarve?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The weather forecast for the whole Iberian peninsula doesn't look too promising, at least for the next 2 to 3 days, so there would be little point in moving to somewhere else within any reasonable travelling distance from where you are now. Even the Canaries can't expect much sun although it's not expected to rain there.

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
The weather forecast for the whole Iberian peninsula doesn't look too promising, at least for the next 2 to 3 days, so there would be little point in moving to somewhere else within any reasonable travelling distance from where you are now. Even the Canaries can't expect much sun although it's not expected to rain there.
Lutz

Many thanks for the update. That's what we suspected. Showery this afternoon and some sunny spells. I think we'll stick it out for now.

Peter

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
we were in Vilanova over Christamas and new year ,the weather then was attrocious , a family who came up from the south of spain ,stopped overnight at our site and said this the first bit of sun we have seen ,they said some of the roads are closed due to flooding

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Peter....we are at Costa Torrox... 30 kms east of Malaga and have the same weather as you!

Forecast for Friday and Saturday looks good though so will attempt some sun bathing then if proved to be correct.

Went to a remote mountain village via single dirt track with severe drop on one side, yesterday.

Track dropped down into river valley where road was washed away, ended up fording 1ft deep river! I would not have attempted the crossing without a true 4x4 and seeing another driver cross successfully!

The locals say this is the wettest winter here for years.

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. Thunder storm this morning (Wednesday) but some sunny periods now. Thankfully the weekend does look better - fingers crossed. Since it is no better where we live at least we are benefitting from the change of scenery!

Peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Currently near Mojacar and it's none too wonderful here either. If you want to see the Spanish forecast go to www.aemet.es (Link has not underlined) and look by Province and then you will find a list of towns.

If you look at Surface Pressure chart on www.met-office.gov.uk you will see the cause of all the troubles - a whole series of Lows caming across the Atlantic.

Only consolation is that UK is even worse !

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi to you all just seen your post about the weather in spain we are usually there over the winter months but could not make it this year because of serious health problems, but as I look out my window the snow is coming down thick and fast and really settling we live in Northamptonshire and we really do wish we were there instead of here.

Mar 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi to you all just seen your post about the weather in spain we are usually there over the winter months but could not make it this year because of serious health problems, but as I look out my window the snow is coming down thick and fast and really settling we live in Northamptonshire and we really do wish we were there instead of here.
Angela

Sorry to hear about the health problems and snow. We are heading for Seville (without the van) for a couple of days sight seeing so we are making the most of our stay.You are quite right - it could be worse. Actually the sun just came out as I was typing!

Peter

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I agree with others that the weather in southern Spain for the past few weeks has been terrible. In our fourteen winters here, this year has been the wettest ever.

But today in Malaga Province, the weather is beautiful. Clear skies and warm sunshine. It's what we've come for! Long may it last!

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Angela

Sorry to hear about the health problems and snow. We are heading for Seville (without the van) for a couple of days sight seeing so we are making the most of our stay.You are quite right - it could be worse. Actually the sun just came out as I was typing!

Peter
Hi Peter have a good time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts