Rained Off

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
Are we the only unfortunate campers to have had to be cancelled due to the recent rain/flooding this Bank Holiday Weekend? What are you doing instead? We went over to the van in storage today and made sure all was well, it feels like we've had our right arm cut off... doing a bit of potting up and soup making but so sorely disappointed that we are not out, even if it IS raining.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We made our way home from Cornwall today and despite the amount of rain we had we seem to have had it light by comparison to others. The first we saw of any floods was on the M5 by Tewkesbury and then again when crossing the Severn on the M50. On arrival home the Lugg Flats was under water which it hadn't been all winter.

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
Not really Martin, the chances of getting booked on a Bank Hol Weekend late in the day are limited. We didn't know until Tuesday night that our pitch had been cancelled and living in the South East we are quite limited for decent sites anyway.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Well we've spent the weekend at our caravan near Harrogate, and had glorious sunshine. There was a chill breeze, but in shelted spots it was warm enough to sunbathe, and I've even managed to get slightly burnt!
I'm sorry for those who've been rained off, but I hope you had nice enough weather to do something useful in the garden!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts