RALLIES CLUB MEETS THS AND CLUB CENTRE MEETS

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......yes I do.
Welcome to the forum by the way :)

I go on Caravan Club rallies mostly with southern centres.
I enjoy the rallies and the caravan technology behind going on them whilst still having home comforts.
I have an older caravan that has been extensively modified to cope with no EHU as has my tow car.

My next CC rally takes in the Kop Hill Climb near Princes Risborough.
This is followed by a few days in the Cotswolds and then the Woosie meet near Ludlow .......must keep the wheels moving :cheer:

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks Gafferbill for the info, may i ask can you go to another centre's rally apart from the 1 you are conected to. say 1 in wales or scotland. and if so how do you find them. I ask cos i am a member of cc, but in ccc mag they show all the rallies we can go on all over uk.

And what size solar panel do you use i changed my 50w for a 120w last week not tryed it yet, going to a bcc rally in llanrwst on thurs so try it then. HAPPY TOWING AND HIDEHI ON SITE.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....if you are a member of the Caravan Club you can go on any CC Centre organised meet.
You do not have to belong to a centre.

The CC magazine is sent to all members early in the year with a separate booklet containing all Centre meets for the whole year and contact telephone numbers for booking.......also.........
Each Centre has a website and it will list all the rallies they are organising for the year and how to book to go on one.

I do not use solar panels........I have chosen a different route which works well and enables all year round caravanning without EHU.
Basically my tow car alternator keeps up to three leisure batteries charged whilst it is being used for shopping or trips out from the campsite.
One leisure battery is permanently fixed to the tow car and either one or two are in the caravan depending on requirements.

12 volt power can be transferred to the caravan from the tow car via extension leads and two 12S sockets.
I can also charge the two caravan batteries using the normal on board caravan 240v AC smart charger.
The 240v AC power for this comes from a 600watt pure sine wave inverter which is connected directly to the tow car starter battery.
This form of charging is done with the engine off whilst at the caravan pitch.

All battery voltages are monitored......particularly the tow car starter battery as it obviously has to have sufficient remaining voltage to start the engine.

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
wow mate that is some idea brilliant all the best, and thanks for info on cc centres, but they did not send me that book when i joined last yr, so will phone them . membership fin in dec this yr so may tell them then .

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.....if you are a member of the Caravan Club you can go on any CC Centre organised meet.
You do not have to belong to a centre.

The CC magazine is sent to all members early in the year with a separate booklet containing all Centre meets for the whole year and contact telephone numbers for booking.......also.........
Each Centre has a website and it will list all the rallies they are organising for the year and how to book to go on one.

Just to correct myself............

The separate booklet containing all Caravan Club Centre meets for the year is only sent out with the monthly magazine to members who are registered with a Centre.
Thus if you are a Caravan Club member and registered with a Centre you should receive the booklet with the March issue of the club magazine.
You can register with a Centre on the CC website.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts