Re-posted for Heather

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Heather Tried and trusted route through France

23 Jan 2008 09:53 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a new member and own a Swift Royal Motorhome. Every Winter I go to Spain for about 6 weeks to take advantage of the sun and do some serious cycling. Every year so far I have gone via Toulouse and then the AP7. This seems a very long winded way to go. Can anyone suggest a more direct route, preferably using very few autoroutes.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If you're going Dover/Calais then I'd recommend the following, which we've done many times before: (almost toll-free apart from the Millau viaduct.

N43 (Green sign - signposted Paris) from Calais towards St Omer, Douai, then Lens, then N 17 down to Compeigne, Senlis, then across to Ermenonville on the D road, back towards Paris on the N2 for a couple of junctions, then take the E104 (or A104 - Francilienne) around Paris, following Marne La Vallee signs, then keep on the E104 until you reach junction 32. Take the A6 a couple of junctions (toll only a couple of Euros) until you reach junction 15. Then take the N7 down to Cosne sur Loire, where it becomes N7 auto route. Might be a couple of very small tolls, then the N7 down to Nevers, Moulins, then head on the N9 towards St Pourcain sur Sioule, Grannat then the auto route to Clermont Ferrand (couple of euros again) and down the A75 to Beziers.

From Beziers continue on the N9, around Narbonne, then take the D6009 along the coast until it turns into the D900, follow this through Perpignan (not at all difficult, very well signposted) through to Le Boulou, and so on down into Spain.

You can meander down, and stay overnight at appropriate places, depending on your timing. There are sites all along the route - and if you need recommendations then I'd be happy to recommend some.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi there

I think the origional post mentioned Murcia as the destination so here is my suggestion.

Head for the west coast of France exact route depending on ferry route and perhaps stopover in the St Jean de Luz area. Take the motorway from there to Bibao and thence to Burgos. This part is a toll road but worth paying for in my opinion, from here on its free. Head for Madrid and I would stop for the night at La Cabrera 50km N of Madrid. Use the M50 to give Madrid a wider berth and then take the N111 / A3 to Murcia . This is two quite long runs but easy enough given the excellant roads

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts