Re Site Prices - excellent idea

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We too are fed up of paying high prices for Club Sites. When away we always have a drive around to see if there is a CL that we like nearby.

We have just paid £50 for a very comprehensive set of CL's on DVD from www.armcher.com. There are 18 DVD's with 15 sites on each. We haven't had to drive around the countryside looking for sites either. I have recouped my £50 alreday as I will now cancel my Club Booking and change to an amazing CL, just up the road from where I want to be, with Shower, loo, hardstandings etc for a quater of the price.

Gone are the days when caravaning was a cheap holiday. The cost of sites and fuel etc I see now why so many people jump on a plane.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
270 sites - over all the UK? Not the biggest selection in the world, and I assume it just includes those that were willing to pay to be included - and more importantly - if you cancel your Caravan Club membership, how can you stay on a CL, which are for members only!

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Elaine,

Nobody forces you to use the top rated Caravan Club sites.There are also many with no facilities which are much cheaper to use.Bank holidays and high season will always be more expensive whether you go to a hotel/B&B/ or caravan.It's all down to supply and demand.You will not be able to use CL's if you cancel your membership and the same goes for the Camping & Caravanning Club with their CS's.

Hope you find what you are looking for. :eek:)

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
As I read Elaine's post she is not going to cancel her club membership but cancel a booking at a club site in order to go to a CL in the same area with enough facilities to suit her needs. From the number of posts I have read about CLs and CS recently it would appear that many others are also going down that route.

Robert

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
There are a lot of really basic CL's which amount to little more than a field..... and some really good ones.....if you can get in. Many of these get repeat bookings year after year and it's impossible to break the cycle during the popular school holidays !

Good luck in your search.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have never been to a CC or C&CC site for abreak as we think that they are expensive for what they have on site. The sites we generally visit offer a little more than the club sites and are generally only a pound or two more per night. These sites are not of the "hi-de-hi" standard but many have a small bar for a quiet drink if needed - more social drink/chat rather than dancing/cabaret/etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Rob, you are quite right I do not intend to cancel my yearly subscription. The others among you who thought I was going to cancel are quite right I would not then be able to use the CL's which would be foolish.

For the record the CL owners do not pay anything, it is puely one mans work, who clearly enjoys his new venture. I for one think it is a great idea. To see the site in detail before hand makes choosing a site much easier. All sites featured have at least mains electric, some go the whole hog and have Mains water and drainage to each pitch and swimming pools, fishing etc.

I was simply expressing a personnel opinnion that I think main Club Sites are getting expensive. I have paid a lot of money for my Caravan and wish to enjoy using it as much as possible, but with financial pressures that many families face to use club Sites all of the time is an expensive choice. Many people in my oppinion are put of using CL's like myself because the details listed are basic and unlike Club Sites which have photographs CL's do not. It is nice to see what the sites are like beforehand.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
www.5van.co.uk offers a similar facility, for free.

I find the CC Site Guide & Directory very useful as all 2,500 are list there with factual statement of facilities.

TRENDING THREADS