Rear light trouble

Mar 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys, having a right nightmare with my rear lights currently… I have a swift utopia 2000 model, all lights were working well until the last time we took it out, not all rear lights have stoped working, I still have front sidelights, marker lights down the side but nothing from either side at the back… I get very dull number plate lights, if I disconnect the side light and brake light wires off the bulb holders they get brighter and they flash with the indicators, all bulbs look good, fuses look good, I stripped some of the wires back a little so it’s got some nice shinny copper, nothing seems to be working… any help to shed some light on the situation would be greatly appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caravan road lighting pretending to be a christmas tree are very often down corrosion in the light fittings affecting the 0Volts return lines

Best to expose the light fittings and make sure all the wires connections are taken off cleaned and reconnected. Often that will resolve the problem. It can help to add a smear of petroleum jelly when you remake the connections to help prevent further problems. Also do the same for the bulbs as corrosion can set in on their contacts.

Similarly the actual wiring plug to the car can also be a weak point becasue it is frequently moved, so its worth checking all the wires are correctly screwed in and the contacts are clean. If you have the old 7pin connectors its worth just easing the splits in the male pins apart so the make a better contact with their female tubes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts