Recommend a London site

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
As the thread title says. Thinking about visiting London next Spring to do a bit of sight seeing, maybe a West End Show as well and looking for a site. Would prefer easy access to and from main motorway to site, convenient access to rail or bus from the site so that car does not need to be used. Good, clean, secure site, not looking for onsite bar or entertainment.
On previous visit to London many years ago we stayed on the CC Crystal Palce site which in itself was o.k. but I did find it a little awkward to get to. That was in the days of using maps rather than sat navs though. To be honest, being a country lad, I found the bus trip to and from the site into London a bit of an eye opener. Is there a site of similar standards but with easier access?

I have had a look at the details for C.C. Abbey Wood, that looks o.k. Any body from the forum been there, what were your opinions of it?
Any one got alternative suggestions?

Thanks
Rob

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rob
We've used the CC site at Denham. About 1 1/2 miles away is Denham station that takes you into Marylebone, London. Plenty of parking at the station and quite reasonable price if you leave after 9.00am. We were able to buy (at Denham) a combined return ticket and underground "all day rover" for £10 though I expect prices have changed!
Mike

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Rob
We have used Abbey Wood, it is a far nicer site than Crystal Palace or Denham and is easy to get to if you follow the handbook. The site is on a grassy bank with hard standings for I think all the pitches. The station is only five minutes walk away with a very good service into London. If you feel like a drink while you are out, Abbey Wood looks the best choice as you would probably want to drive to the station at Denham.
If you are in the C&CC their site at Walton on Thames may also interest you but it has no toilet block if you need one.
Ray

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ray. Abbey Wood is looking the favourite at the minute,I've been reading the reviews over on another forum and it does sound as though it ticks all the boxes.

Rob

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Rob, just spotted another site close to London on the South East corner, this may be of use, especially for people coming in from the M25. The site is on Foots Cray Road coming towards Bexley, (where I live), very easy to find and behind a pub which has a good reputation.
Reasonably close to Bexley village and rail network into London. I think it's a CCCsite, the post code will begin DA5, if you wish I will post the accurate postcode and details, just leave a message here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts