Recommended short term insurance storage only

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi My van is in secure storage and I will be selling it in spring. Can anyone recommend an insurance company for storage only with no use. Also monthly fees with no cancellation fees?
Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s quite a bespoke requirement which could be difficult to achieve. Don’t you need cover for taking it from the storage too? Possibly best to try a broker or perhaps the owner of the storage could advise, possibly their insurer?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not think any of the main insurers will offer this cover on a direct basis and agree that probably only a broker could be able to negotiate this. Even then depending on the value of the caravan it may not mean a premium large enough to be viable for them to issue as a one off and you might have to opt for the cheapest quote and cancel when you sell. Not sure why you do not sell now and save the hassle, unless you are assuming a better price in Spring, which is by no means guaranteed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a chance an annual policy even after cancellation etc may prove cheaper than a bespoke one.
Agreed a standard policy as long as it accepts the storage would doubtless be cheaper than a bespoke one, where it may not contain the normal conditions offered to caravanners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts