Red Pennant Refund

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Booked our French trip through CAMC. Now all cancelled by CAMC, deposits being refunded. Also paid in full for Red Pennant. Ring up to see how we stood with that. Must admit, wasn’t expecting much. Full refund offered immediately. No arguments. No hassle. Well done 😀
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Booked our French trip through CAMC. Now all cancelled by CAMC, deposits being refunded. Also paid in full for Red Pennant. Ring up to see how we stood with that. Must admit, wasn’t expecting much. Full refund offered immediately. No arguments. No hassle. Well done 😀
mel
They treated me similarly in June 2018 when we had to cancel at short notice due to my father taking ill. We received ferry, site and Red Pennant refunds less a weeks site fees as we cancelled less than 7 days from arrival. There was also a small admin charge on the ferry ticket refund.
That’s why I use CMHC insurance and services. You do not know how good your provider is until things go wrong.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have always used the clubs insurance when going abroad because of its reputation, but I have never used it. It does show that looking for cheaper might be a false economy.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Always use Red Pennant when we go to Spain for Winter & also C&MHC house insurance as you can leave the house empty over 60 days with them. Had 3 claims over the years and they were superb on every occasion in sorting it out. Even on the bits where I had to pay locally, they refunded it when I got back to UK & it was in my bank within a week.
Only got good things to say about Red Pennant and the price is very competitive too

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I’m in the process of making a claim but have been warned by the RP people that the loss adjuster/underwriter does not acknowledge recepit of claims. This seems pretty poor and worrying particularly at the moment.
A previous claim concerning damage to caravan itself was handled superbly with loss adjusters communicating regularly and efficiently, so it can be done.
How have other claimants found the RP service in this respect ?

Reactions: Tuningdrew
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m in the process of making a claim but have been warned by the RP people that the loss adjuster/underwriter does not acknowledge recepit of claims. This seems pretty poor and worrying particularly at the moment.
A previous claim concerning damage to caravan itself was handled superbly with loss adjusters communicating regularly and efficiently, so it can be done.
How have other claimants found the RP service in this respect ?
I did not make a claim when I cancelled our overseas caravan trip in June 2018. CMHC/RP asked if I wanted to make a claim on the insurance but when I looked at TCs I felt that given my father was 96 it might have been an issue despite him having no prior health concerns. So by agreeing not to claim on the insurance RP refunded all of my payments except site fees which had already been paid within the 7 day arrival date. However those fees were less than the insurance price so even if they had been refunded in full I would have been in negative equity.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did not make a claim when I cancelled our overseas caravan trip in June 2018. CMHC/RP asked if I wanted to make a claim on the insurance but when I looked at TCs I felt that given my father was 96 it might have been an issue despite him having no prior health concerns. So by agreeing not to claim on the insurance RP refunded all of my payments except site fees which had already been paid within the 7 day arrival date. However those fees were less than the insurance price so even if they had been refunded in full I would have been in negative equity.
Well done you and CAMC but things seems to have changed somewhat - please see my reply to another post on this thread.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I take it what they mean is that with staffing levels down they save time by not just acknowledging and only write to you when they have something useful to say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts