Refrigerator

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi I have an Electrolux RM 4270 fitted in my year 2000 caravan. Its been working fine over the years. However first time of trying this weekend, the second I switch the fridge on it trips the mains. I've tried on 12v battery and there is nothing. It doesn't appear to work on gas either. Thanking you
Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The fridge needs a service and a new mains element.

But just as a note, it won't work on 12V unless its hitched to the tow vehicle and the engine is producing enough 12V power to operate the habitation circuits.

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
The fridge needs a service and a new mains element.

But just as a note, it won't work on 12V unless its hitched to the tow vehicle and the engine is producing enough 12V power to operate the habitation circuits.
Hello

I was about to ask a question and saw your response, I thought my Dometic fridge was not working on 12 v. When connected to the vehicle on tick over it is displaying a red light indicating no 12 v is not available. Could this be that the red light goes out when I am traveling? I of course have no way of knowing if that is the case.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hello

I was about to ask a question and saw your response, I thought my Dometic fridge was not working on 12 v. When connected to the vehicle on tick over it is displaying a red light indicating no 12 v is not available. Could this be that the red light goes out when I am traveling? I of course have no way of knowing if that is the case.
I had the same fridge once. My recollection of the lights is different.
Once the 12v rocker switch is on and the 230 v off the red light will illuminate indicating the 12v supply is connected to the fridge.Do you have a user manual?
If not then this may help you

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello

More than likely your car has a Smart alternator so on tick over you will see nothing and no 12v. Trying turning on the lights etc to see if there is 12v to the fridge. Of course a lot depends on whether the electrics were wired up for the 12v to the fridge.

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
I had the same fridge once. My recollection of the lights is different.
Once the 12v rocker switch is on and the 230 v off the red light will illuminate indicating the 12v supply is connected to the fridge.Do you have a user manual?
If not then this may help you
Yes I do have the manual, it clearly states that the presence of a red light after the selection of 12v means that it is not available. Would my car not be making enough power on tick over for the light to go out?

I could not quite understand that I would not be making enough power with my engine running.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts