Reich L180 Carafax chrome mixer kitchen tap

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I seem to be following in Sir Gagakev's caravan wheels of late.
Three way brass water valve failed.Third one in seven years.
Now just a few days before our next departure the kitchen tap has failed. Water everywhere.The cartridge looks clean but who knows. Took 90 minutes to remove the tap. Had to gain underneath access via the fridge vents. It's like they built the caravan around the sink :(
Bailey parts let me down . Web site said a new tap was in stock but it isn't.
I'm hoping a couple of places will get back to me tomorrow and say yes their Web sites are correct.
As a long shot I've also ordered a new cartridge to try and repair the old tap.
Does anyone know what it is that fails in these non microswitch taps?
I'm soaking the old tap and cartridge in white vinegar overnight in the ridiculous hope it may clear some muck causing the leaking.
Looks like I may end up with spare taps for the Woosiefest :evil:

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
If you can remove the discs a good scrub with an old toothbrush should remove any gunge / residue that the vinegar lifts from them or if possible scrape them with a sharp blade to remove the gunge ... ;)

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My Reich kitchen tap failed due to the plastic body splitting. 2 years old!!!!

Replaced with a whale unit much better looking and a third the cost of a direct replacement.

So much for German engineering.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
www.leisureshopdirect.com
The abovementioned rang this mmorning.
A new Original tap is in transit arriving tomorrow.
Now that's service and salvation!

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dusty Dog I had problems with my kitchen top on my previous caravan (Bailey Pegasus Mk 1) and replaced it with a £23 household kitchen tap which never gave me a problem after that.A lot of people think this is not possible but it does exactly the same job.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
traficman said:
Hi Dusty Dog I had problems with my kitchen top on my previous caravan (Bailey Pegasus Mk 1) and replaced it with a £23 household kitchen tap which never gave me a problem after that.A lot of people think this is not possible but it does exactly the same job.
Fully agree.In fact I have a spare in the garage .Would have used it as a last resort.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
]I seem to be following in Sir Gagakev's caravan wheels of late.[/color]
Three way brass water valve failed.Third one in seven years.
Now just a few days before our next departure the kitchen tap has failed. Water everywhere.The cartridge looks clean but who knows. Took 90 minutes to remove the tap. Had to gain underneath access via the fridge vents. It's like they built the caravan around the sink :(
Bailey parts let me down . Web site said a new tap was in stock but it isn't.
I'm hoping a couple of places will get back to me tomorrow and say yes their Web sites are correct.
As a long shot I've also ordered a new cartridge to try and repair the old tap.
Does anyone know what it is that fails in these non microswitch taps?
I'm soaking the old tap and cartridge in white vinegar overnight in the ridiculous hope it may clear some muck causing the leaking.
Looks like I may end up with spare taps for the Woosiefest :evil:

I must have the only Fleetwood left in the world with the amount of repairs I do, bet all the other owners have scrapped there's :lol: :lol:

Hoe you get the tap sorted Sir Dusty....otherwise you will have to use the site dish washing facilities :whistle: ;)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Mr Fleety is like Triggers Broom. 17 new heads and 14 new handles............................
Mel

TRENDING THREADS